Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry about that i ment to say the sword is all metal, no wood

Comment

This is all I have pic wise zoom in and you will see the tang on the bottom, as far as I know each sword has its own way of getting the tang and handle together. Like in the pic I posted the tang and handle are kept together by the peg shown on the right. The pic I posted is not true for all swords but the basics are on there.
      Attached Files

Comment

Whoah a Meat Bicycle!! The chick also looks happy on it!
        Originally posted by Psychoholic View Post
        MEAT BICYCLE

Comment

Originally posted by mr x View Post
          ummm..... i might be missing something but what is a tang, and how would yo start takeing one apart to mak them stronger.
          the tang is the part of the blade that passes through the guard, grip, and pommel. The picture dodgerider666 posted shows the tang of a properly constructed katana.

For western-style swords with a screw-on pommel, you just unscrew the pommel and the whole thing comes apart. If you want to use a sword as a beater, make sure it does not have a rat-tail tang. there are *many* instances of the tang breaking, which causes the blade to go airborne, and injure yourself or someone else. Also, check out this popular video. it is a cautionary tale against playing with cheap swords:

Comment

Working...
          X