Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

65' Superior DeVille from ebay

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • kitkong
    replied
    Here are the pin tracks & scuff plates...............




    --------kitkong

    Leave a comment:


  • kitkong
    replied
    Originally posted by staynedglass View Post
    i'm pretty sure i'm not gonna need all 12 rollers but i will need some scuff plates and pin tracks.

    I'm currently soaking the rollers in WD-40.............I removed the pin tracks & scuff plates.......so, I have those ready.

    --------kitkong

    Leave a comment:


  • kitkong
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperSnake View Post
    kitkong, here's out we find out...measure your 59 since we have identical ones and that's the way we'll know whether or not the jump seats will fit in mine

    Ok.........

    ----kitkong

    Leave a comment:


  • SuperSnake
    replied
    kitkong, here's out we find out...measure your 59 since we have identical ones and that's the way we'll know whether or not the jump seats will fit in mine

    Leave a comment:


  • staynedglass
    replied
    Originally posted by kitkong View Post
    Oh, of course!

    I have another gentleman who needs some rollers,........so whatever Staynedglass doesn't need/want......I'll sell to the other guy.......this other guy said he only needed a couple.......so, I imagine Staynedglass can use the rest.........as well as the scuff plates & pin tracks,....yes?

    -----kitkong

    i'm pretty sure i'm not gonna need all 12 rollers but i will need some scuff plates and pin tracks.

    Leave a comment:


  • kitkong
    replied
    Oh, of course!

    I have another gentleman who needs some rollers,........so whatever Staynedglass doesn't need/want......I'll sell to the other guy.......this other guy said he only needed a couple.......so, I imagine Staynedglass can use the rest.........as well as the scuff plates & pin tracks,....yes?

    -----kitkong

    Leave a comment:


  • hotroddwayne
    replied
    Dude... DEFINITELY save ALL those rollers even if they're less than perfect! They're reversable & very hard to find. They flip over... one side is smooth for "ambulance mode" and of course you know what the roller side is for...

    Leave a comment:


  • kitkong
    replied
    Here are some quick shots of the car........

    The rollers I'm still going through,.......the tracks I'll remove tomorrow.














    I've already removed the rear door glass, and the corner glass...........the front bumber is in great shape,...the rear.....not so good...................the car has no motor, but the Turbo-400 is still there.........doubt if it works, but I've been wrong before

    All the glass is good, except windsheild.
    Most of the outside trip is good......but not all has been removed......yet

    Have recieved a lot of good advice on what/what not to keep/salvage.............so, if you have any suggestions, let me know..........

    As soon as I get the tracks out and cleaned up, I'd be happy to talk to you about them & the rollers

    ------kitkong
    Last edited by kitkong; 07-15-2009, 12:55 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • hotroddwayne
    replied
    Originally posted by hotroddwayne View Post
    Kitkong... Staynedglass is looking for casket rollers & the bier pin tracks. The tracks are the plates in the floor with a series of holes in them for the bier pins to be placed in to secure different sized caskets. He wants them to make that VW hearse he's building. Those come out fairly easy, usually just a few screws... you oughta pull all the coach-specific goodies out of it & sell them. You'll also find 1 or 2 plates off to the sides of the floor or up on the sills with a single hole in them... those are "bier pin holders" where the bier pins are put when not holding in a casket.
    Here's a pic of some hearse parts... the bier pin tracks are on the right... the center pieces are skid plates... they run between the rollers so a casket doesn't scratch the flooring...




    This pic you can see the adjustable bier pin securing my casket...

    Leave a comment:


  • hotroddwayne
    replied
    Originally posted by kitkong View Post
    Gotcha!

    Thank you for the education Abnorml..........sorry, no Beir pins

    -----kitkong
    Kitkong... Staynedglass is looking for casket rollers & the bier pin tracks. The tracks are the plates in the floor with a series of holes in them for the bier pins to be placed in to secure different sized caskets. He wants them to make that VW hearse he's building. Those come out fairly easy, usually just a few screws... you oughta pull all the coach-specific goodies out of it & sell them. You'll also find 1 or 2 plates off to the sides of the floor or up on the sills with a single hole in them... those are "bier pin holders" where the bier pins are put when not holding in a casket.

    Leave a comment:


  • kitkong
    replied
    Gotcha!

    Thank you for the education Abnorml..........sorry, no Beir pins

    -----kitkong

    Leave a comment:


  • kitkong
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperSnake View Post
    Would those jump seats fit my 59? If so then I'm all over them like stains on a mattress!
    You know,....I don't know.........that's a question I can't answer.........I'm not that much of an expert on what parts may/may not internchange between years.

    How do we find out?

    --kitkong

    Leave a comment:


  • Abnorml
    replied
    Beir pin plates (I'm stupid...what are those?)
    pronounced: "beer" pin, are the rectangle plate that fit in the holes and hold the casket so it doesn't roll.

    Leave a comment:


  • SuperSnake
    replied
    Would those jump seats fit my 59? If so then I'm all over them like stains on a mattress!

    Leave a comment:


  • kitkong
    replied
    This car has an excellent set of jump seats, if anyone is interested in them.
    Just pulled them out today...............also pulled all the rollers

    As I understand it, this was an Ambulance/Hearse Combo car.

    -----kitkong

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X