Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

65' Superior DeVille from ebay

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • kitkong
    replied
    Rollers? Haven't a clue...........was looking at them today........wondering if I should take them out, and trying to see how many were still good..if not all..................if you want them, be happyto discuss them with you

    Beir pin plates (I'm stupid...what are those?)

    ---kitkong

    Leave a comment:


  • staynedglass
    replied
    How about the rollers and bier pin plates? what would you want for them? mind you i probably wouldn't need the full set. i'll be using them to make what's in my signature.

    Leave a comment:


  • TWHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Boogeyman Con Carne View Post
    Helen will need a "Hydromatic Jet-Away". To fit your 1960, it can come from 59-62 (there are some small differences that I cannot recall at the moment, but should fit) and has the gears in this order: P N D 2 1 R instead of the usual P R N D 2 1 on the TH350 and TH400.
    Thank you!

    Leave a comment:


  • kitkong
    replied
    I know my 59' has one of those............but the 65' definitely will not.........you are correct sir!!!

    -----kitkong

    Leave a comment:


  • Boogeyman Con Carne
    replied
    Helen will need a "Hydromatic Jet-Away". To fit your 1960, it can come from 59-62 (there are some small differences that I cannot recall at the moment, but should fit) and has the gears in this order: P N D 2 1 R instead of the usual P R N D 2 1 on the TH350 and TH400.

    Leave a comment:


  • kitkong
    replied
    Hey Hawk.......

    Yes, it was indeed a pleasure seeing you again after the Hearsecon, and going over the 65' with you.

    As far as the Transmission is concerned, all I can probably tell you is that my 67' had a 429, and the 69' I believe has a 472......in either case the transmission for both is a Turbo 400......as you probably already have guess.
    In terms of the gear order........I can only guess that "D" being the 11 - 12 o-clock position............whether that helps or not, I don't know,.........none the less, I can check tomorrow/today when I go back down to Dave's to filter over the other good parts.

    If it does turn out that you need/want it.......we can certainly chat about it at that time.

    And I have you one the list for the bars, assuming no one else claims them

    Talk to you soon...........and you know where to find me

    ---------kitkong

    Leave a comment:


  • TWHawk
    replied
    Thank you for letting Nate and I come down for a look at her. As rough as she is, she's got some decent chrome and a few other pieces that should be salvaged.

    As I stated, my offer on the landau bars stands, but if you find someone willing to make a better offer, or who actually needs them for a hearse, go for it.

    Also, my mechanic had some questions regarding the tranny that I couldn’t answer, such as what size motor was it attached to, and in what order are the gears. He’s asking in case Helen’s tranny ever goes south on me… It wouldn’t hurt to have a backup.

    Leave a comment:


  • kitkong
    replied
    Thanks Atti!!!!

    I mainly bought the car for the rear door glass.........my 67' is missing it.......and we all know how difficult those can be to find...........and certainly if found........they'd easily be 4 - 500 bucks.........so, why not buy an entire car for that, and just pick it apart

    The owner said he removed most of the parts and put them in the back.
    It has jump seats, I think he said it was a combo-car.....

    And yea,.......I bet the windshield is good!
    The owner said it was clean/free of cracks............so, we'll see.

    again, if anyone needs/wants anything...........let me know

    ---------kitkong

    Leave a comment:


  • EvilManor
    replied
    Originally posted by Atti View Post
    Well done James. If the windshield is good (as it appears to be), that was a shrewd snag.
    Definitely! I paid twice that for the one installed in my '69 and the installation was only $125.

    Leave a comment:


  • 60Crown
    replied
    Well done James. If the windshield is good (as it appears to be), that was a shrewd snag.

    Leave a comment:


  • kitkong
    started a topic 65' Superior DeVille from ebay

    65' Superior DeVille from ebay



    I recently won this from ebay...........once I've paid for it and brought it back I will probably be parting it out after I've removed the parts that I need for my 67' & 69' hearses.
    So if there is something on the car you feel you need/must have......please, let me know and we'll see what can be done, assuming the part in question is worth using

    Most Sincerely
    -----kitkong
Working...
X