What have I done???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What have I done???

Hmmmm... what did Hotrod Dwayne score today????

Out with it!! What? How?!!

Comment

what is it ???????????????

Comment

Geez okay okay... you guys won't even let me get a set of mags on it!

It's a 1966 Cadillac Superior 51" hightop "Royale Rescue" ambulance. One of my maintenance techs at work spotted it at a show in Fremont, Ohio. He took pictures & I was texting him telling him what it was. He talked to the owner & the owner knew of me from trolling this site for years... so it ended up I wanted it worse than he did, after some negotiations it was bought on the spot this morning. Finally home now & man it drives super! All the lights work & wait till you see the big "Q" siren under the hood, it has a chrome base & brass grill! (Why would they hide that, it belongs on the roof) it's on a foot switch & coasts forever (yes it has a siren brake but what fun is that?!?!)

Never saw one of these with suicide doors until this one. Examples of others found online so far have standard doors but there's a lot to learn about this thing. By the way the owner has 4 other coaches & is parting out a 1970 M-M and also has a bunch of parts from other coaches stashed including sets of jump seats... Send me a PM and i'll give you his email if you need parts.

Comment

Geez, all I did today was sit in the back of the hearse and watch the Mounds, OK Founders Day parade this morning......
          It's pretty obvious you had a better day......

Comment

That is cool! I love it!

-d

Comment

That is AWESOME!!!

Comment

Rock on brother, I am sooooooooo happy for you!

Comment

Damn son! So it drives super or superior? Guess that puts the big drum brakes on a Canadian coach. Hearty congrats Dwayne. What wheels do you have in mind? I can Photoshop tests...

We know what you didn't score today: a haircut.

Comment

Originally posted by Atti View Post
                    Damn son! So it drives super or superior? Guess that puts the big drum brakes on a Canadian coach. Hearty congrats Dwayne. What wheels do you have in mind? I can Photoshop tests...

Tried to do that pic similar to yours when you found that pink '60, the look on your face was priceless! As for wheels, putting on the torque-thrusts tonight off the S&S to get through Goodguys Columbus. After that i'm definitely going with wide whites (bigs & littles) and retro wheels. Really like Radir wheels but doubt they can handle the weight. The torque-thrusts are rated @ 1600lbs each, totaling 6400lbs and the ambo tag says 7200lbs with 4 passengers included in that figure, so i'm right on the edge if not overweight already. Some photochops would be excellent Atti, try chrome reverse, torque thrusts, radirs, or whatever you may fancy with wide whitewall Coker Classics. Thanks for the offer!

As for the haircut, spent enough cash for the day so the barber shop got passed up again (always find an excuse for that)

Comment

Can you take a straight side shot, centered between the wheels, from about the waistline?

Comment

We don't need no stinkin' haircut!! It helps make folks stare more when they see all that hair blowin' out a hearse window!

Jesus, hours later and I'm still jealous........

Comment

Caddy is Bad Ass man...... Hope to see it in person somtime soon.

Comment

Can you take a straight side shot, centered between the wheels, from about the waistline?
                            No prob Atti, ran out of time AND daylight today doing the wheel swap, will take a good shot tomorrow & post it here.
                            Thanks for all the compliments everyone, glad it's well received. Going to be a really fun machine. Off to the muffler shop this week for dual exhaust, something snarly this time the Flowmasters on the S&S are somewhat disappointing sound-wise.

Comment

Here's a shot with the wheels & tires off the S&S Victoria for your Photochop Atti, had to wait most of the day for it to quit raining and now it's pouring again! Thought they'd be closer to the fender skirts but there's a good bit of room actually.

Comment

Working...
                              X