greetings new to the forum / and owning a hearse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greetings new to the forum / and owning a hearse

not 2 sure if in the right area . but though i would do an introduction . just picked up my first hearse today . it going to be a very ambitious project but hey looking forward to it . going to start and research it and see where i end up , time to read the forum , thanks Joe
    Attached Files

Welcome to the forum!

Neat coach - is it a '63 or '64 Superior Crown Royale limo style? What configuration is the interior? Also relay your location and stuff you may need as a few here (Pyro especially) can assist.

Comment

thanks Atti its a 1963 and up until an hour ago i thought a hearse was just a hearse . but wow the variety .and the following, i am located in Washing state hence the rust . as for the interior at this point has front seat and very open in the back . will post more pics in the very near future thanks again Joe

Comment

You're welcome. NHAA member Belladonna is also in the NW and has a '58 Superior.

If you're saying there is no partition behind the driver's seat separating the rear compartment, your '63 is/was a sideloader (also referred to as a 3-way) hearse.

Comment

suicide doors, probably a side loader. Hope the fenders are not to far gone, as that will be the biggest hurtle.

Please post more pics. We want to see whats inside.

Comment

just got in from looking it over a little closer with my updated knowledge . appears to have not had a divider, and the fenders are pretty decent with any luck i will have made room in the shop by Wednesday and remove the debris and get some pics up . thanks Joe

Comment

Limo style sideloaders are quite uncommon stateside. They were popular in Mexico and the Phillipines - not the US. I've seen less surviving examples of them than landau style combinations, which are equally scarce.

Pyro mentioned fenders as they are commercial chassis specific from '61-'64 (through '65 for limos). Using the '59-'60 windshield that long necessitated compensating along the cowl (for starters).

Looking forward to seeing more of your coach.

Comment

thanks great info . sadly it sat in the damp wet weather what looks like forever . and the insides are a mess , but i am going to take baby steps and hopefully just make it into a safe functioning funky style driver thanks again Joe

Comment

(moved to the pro car forum)

Welcome Joe!

Comment

Danm, thats sweet!, lokks like one I'd drag home, good luck with it.

Comment

Would love to see more pictures, please.

Comment

Yeah, with paint like that - I expect there is a story to be told about this car.

Comment

more pics / not for the faint at heart LOL

h3.jpgh5.JPGh4.JPGh2.JPGh1.JPG

Comment

Joe, can you fully open one set of side doors and frame a picture about the size of the opening? There is enough missing from the back that I'd like to see that angle not shown to help ID.

Comment

here are a few more hears turd pics LOL hope these helps Joeh6.JPGh7.JPG

Comment

Working...
                              X