No announcement yet.

greetings new to the forum / and owning a hearse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. Its a shame how this coach was treated. Very beautiful tho. Has lots of potential to be a fun project. Welcome to the forum! Don't give up on that hearse. Its gonna be frusturating. You've certainly gor your hands full with that one. Good luck and keep posted on progress!

Comment

Yes, marginally.

When you open a set of doors on one side at the same time, is there a vertical B pillar at all between them? Or is it open? Pick one of the below options.

As your '63 has a difference in interior roof height, I'm leaning toward it originally having a partition that was removed at some point - which means it has B pillars. Tough to see enough detail in the image sizes posted. We'll figure it out though.

Comment

Also, if you can find the ID plate, this will tell which model it originally was. '61 seemed to be a crossover year for Superior's ID plate location, moving from passenger door jam to firewall. Three digit code starting 6xx is the important part. Example:

Comment

I'm pretty certain this particular coach has B pillars. Partition was removed at some point. Correct me if I'm wrong but this coach may have been destined for a demolition derby...thankfull it didn't end up that way...

Comment

it has the pillars . and what i was told it was to be derby car but due to the rules they would not allow it finally a rule that makes sense . i will be at the shop tonight and will try and locate the data plate . well better late than never it is out of the weather . take care will up date thanks Joeh8.JPG

Comment

I hope there's a place in hell for anyone who would destroy and dismantle a 1963 Cadillac Superior Hearse, for the sake of mindlessly running into other cars, for kicks. Quite a coach you have. Id give anything to have a 60-64 coach. Treat her well! Have you cleared the rubble enough to decide what you want to do with it?

Comment

found the data plate reads model number 604 body 473 sill 7355 and so far two cans of a variety of garbage later and thanks Joe

Comment

604 = straight endloader (like pyro's '63 Superior). Good job finding the plate. Was it on the passenger side firewall?

I have extra rear interior panels in gray/navy and a matching set of jump seats if you decide to go that route.

Comment

thanks Atti kinda fun working on a car with personality . kinda / will be posting up dates thanks Joe

Comment

[QUOTE=Atti;54800]
                      When you open a set of doors on one side at the same time, is there a vertical B pillar at all between them? Or is it open?

Pick one of the below options.

QUOTE]

If I had to choose, I would pick traveler

Comment

Originally posted by Jus" Roach View Post

If I had to choose, I would pick traveler
                        I AGREE !

Comment

[QUOTE=Jus" Roach;54837]

QUOTE]

I'd love to find a coach with that driver option...!

Comment

[QUOTE=creepypt;55064]
                            Originally posted by Jus" Roach View Post

QUOTE]

I'd love to find a coach with that driver option...!
                            I hear ya!!!

Comment

Thats a pic of a 63 , dressed up for a derby.

Comment

Yea Pyro, that's exactly what I feared, and he confirmed it. Just glad it escaped that fate!

Any updates on this bad boy ejoel?

Comment

Working...
                                X