Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interested in Having Your Car seen at an event?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok...A REAL hearse is built by a coach works company..yes even if its not even carried a single body.. if its built by a coach works then its a hearse. dont get me wrong your ambition is key but instead of wasting money on the pt id just leave it as it is now and start saving for your coach....get some friends that work on cars and learn how to do things...i own a 73 miller a 64 caddy convertible a 61 fleetood caddy, a 53 pontiac a 2004 tundra and a little diahatsu i bought for 900 bucks to use for work (gets 40 MPG) ...i worked for these things and ive done well for only being 30. ive been working on cars since i was 14 or so and it takes time....i have a few friends that have put landau bar stickers and such on there daily drivers like hhrs and elements and such but they stopped there and put money into a coach. its just my advise that you save for what you really want instead of wasting it on something that will never be...just some advice from a fellow coach enthusiast . i hope you understand what i am trying to say...take care of yourself!

Comment

True that, Scary Guy. Hard to miss a twenty foot long high top Cadillac, compared to my little black creeper. But the responses to mine tend to be just the same once someone deos notice it, and what it looks like. Either very positive, or very negative. Surprisingly, amongst other people who also have PT Cruisers, the responses seem to tend more towards the negative. Except on my cruiser forums. One guy who is a professional Santa, and has a cherry red convertible with airbrushed reindeer on the side of his "sleigh", just happens to really love my "slay". And even though I'm not fond of the verts, seeing photos of him as Santa in that thing looks fantastic!

Comment

CreepyPT is taking this really well. As a CAR enthusiast, not just a hearse enthusiast, I respect any and all things automotive. I respect and acknowlge the work, pride, blood and sweat it takes to build a car the way you want it. Ill park my bagged 74 courier or my 59 caddy next to a rice rocket with a 3 foot wing, or a cookie cutter fiber glass 32' at a show. And as a car enthusiast, id never have the balls to tell a man he "Wasted his money" on his project. Were someone tell me that, id stroke my beard before I decked you. Nothing in the world enfuriates me more then a car guy telling another car guy that his car sucks. It pisses me off so bad. Car people need to stick together. Shitting on another car guys car just tells me, hey, lets never be friends. If you wanna fight and argue with people, fight the people trying to stop us from customizing our cars. There's agencies that want to make us conform and not customize our cars. Making all of our cool mods illegal. I get pulled over daily for "altered adjustible suspension". You wanna shit on people, shit on them. Have respect for your brothers customizing their cars, or find a different hobby.

Cheers! And yes people need a civil uprising. This world is becoming a shit hole. It pains me that should I ever have kids, this is no place for them to live.

Comment

Seems to me that the first hearses were not built by coach manufacturers (100+ years ago). I'm not sold on a coach builder origin serving as an end all definition for a hearse.

Comment

Smooth, I always say I'll support anyones right to do what they want with their car. I still reserve the right to laugh at it, or not like it. As far as rice, well, there are better ways. An 80 hp Honda with a giant wing and a fart can...well, it CAN race, but then again, my "not" hearse pulling a trailer with a casket on it, and 4 passengers will leave that guy sitting there putting his hat back on backwards. (My car isn't a race car either.)
            And Dickey, you reminded me to look online for a book I saw a while ago about funeral rituals and history. Might be interesting. Think about the fact that pharoahs were loaded on a barge and taken down the river to their place of burial. If I follow what you are saying, you might suggest that everyone drive their hearse into a river, and if it can sail to the nearest cemetary, it qualifies as a burial vehicle!
            In any case, I'll say this about my own: I have no issues with people who don't like PT Cruisers, a lot don't. I'm not fond of Plymouth Reliants. As to my car being a hearse, I'm still tossing that around with myself. Hence the argument. I haven't yet been given a reason that disqualifies it, but nothing has for sure shown that it is. The best argument against it is still, "Hearses carry the dead." And other than a family pet (coincidentally), it hasn't. But then it goes back to intent vs. use? Is a bomb a bomb if it doesn't go boom?
            (BTW Smooth, your Mable is a fantastic looking coach. Next time they give you hell about your suspension, throw em in the road and have Mable sit on them.)

Comment

Haha thank you CreepyPT. Mable was a wonderful project. NHAA member HotRodDwayne is now the proud owner of my beloved Mable. My 74 Ford Courier is the trouble maker. Full air ride and with a flick of my finger she lays flat on the frame. Been building it for a while. Mable was sold (among other reasons) to fund my mini truck. I catch a lot of grief for it, much like your PT.

I totally agree with you. I support and respect any one building any car. Not that I have to like.it. many things I don't. I don't care for imports. I don't care for Boyd style fiberglass rods. Nor lifted trucks. But I wouldntdare tell ANY fellow car enthusiast that he wasted his money on building his car, simply because its not my cup of tea. Just because you think one thing, does NOT make it the world standard. People like that ruin our hobby and make us look bad. Respect what your brothers are doingg, or like I said, find a different hobby. I am not fond of PTs, and I would drive yours in a heartbeat keep doing your thing. I get it all the time. I got a 1957 chevy 2 door 210 sedan with a 302 ford and a T-5 5 speed, and a mini truck layin frame. Trust me I get lots of hate. All I can say is F*#k the haters.

Comment

ok check it out, they said they couldnt get a real hearse i was saying the best solution to get one i said that its great a caris getting customized, i didnt sit here and said a car sucked so dont put words in my mouth. ill be the bigger man and leave it at that

Comment

Originally posted by Miller Meteor Man View Post
                  dont get me wrong your ambition is key but instead of wasting money on the pt id just leave it as it is now and start saving for your coach....

its just my advise that you save for what you really want instead of wasting it on something that will never be...
                  No need to put words in your mouth. You said your self. And I never said that you said that it "sucked". I said id never tell a man he wasted his money (which is basically a slap in the face and sayin yea your shit sucks)
                  You wanna be the bigger man, next time if you ain't got nothing nice to say, don't say nothing.

Comment

...also a real hearse and have money left over. putting a casket on a trailer behind a pt with pepboys stuff will not even get it close to a coach. so you cant really say u have a hearse, more like "hearse" so i dont agree with your signature....

but id just say instead of waisting money on something that its not go buy a real cheap one and slowly fix it up....that way youd still have your dailey driver! and a real coach!
                    Oh and one more time...

And for the record, its wasting money. Not waisting. That's where your pants sit, your waist.

Comment

Originally posted by SmoothNlow View Post
                      I got a 1957 chevy 2 door 210 sedan with a 302 ford and a T-5 5 speed,
                      I spit everytime I read this line, hehe.

"I'm not judging you, but you're wrong."

Comment

lol its just my opinon, he stated he couldnt afford a hearse so i gave him my opinon, isnt that what these forums are for? i mean come on now dont get your pantys in a bunch...i respect all walks of life that work on there cars and try to make them diffrent, if i didnt then i would have talked mad shit, but i didnt so relax!

Comment

First off, thanks for support on my not hearse guys! Go easy though, I don't take it personally. But for Miller:
                          but one thing i ment to add is i really cant stand pts lol no pun meant
                          No, you didn't say it sucked. You don't like it, that's cool. Smooth was talking about his truck, and he didn't like lifted trucks, something like that. Lowriders are pretty cool, but to me, lowered trucks are...pointless, impractical. Lifted trucks (past a certain point) are pointless unless you're rock crawling, but trucks are for hauling, for offroad etc. So if a truck is lowered, can't haul anything other than groceries, can't go over a crack in the road, much less a curb, or doesn't even have a bed in it (I've seen some of those trucks so tweaked out that they didn't even have a floor in the bed to make room for the suspension, tires, and air ride) is it still a truck?

And I said I CHOSE not to get a hearse. I could have outright paid for a coach when I got the PT. Probably not the one I wanted. And one I wanted would have been a project car. As it turned out, some old lady about a year after I bought my car pointed out at a Quicktrip that my PT looked like a little hearse. The rest is, as you put it, "Pepboys" history. I'l even say, it was a convienience for me. A hearse without buying a hearse. I suppose it's kinda nice I bought something and started turning it into a coach, instead of buying a coach and turning it into a camper, or a demo derby car.

I'll mention one other thing: Everyone who has a hearse can customise the hell out of them, paint, flames, wheels, rear seats, pull the tables out, speaker boxes, and so on, and they still have a hearse. People will still recognise it as a hearse! I have to consider anything I do to my car, because if I do something wrong, or badly, it won't look like one. I might be able to paint it white, or silver, or maybe even dark blue, and it would "pass", but just the act of removing the curtains, or the landau bars, makes a huge difference on how it looks. A few people still walk up and ask if that's what it supposed to be, probably either because they can't believe it, or because they think I don't realise what I've done to it. Imagine if I stripped all the shiney off of it, and mounted big f*cking wings and a flamethrower on top. I think that would look even MORE messed up. I've seen pics of Zach's car, and I'm pretty sure he catches hell, but sometimes people just look at it, look at him, and say, "Well, it is a hearse."

Comment

point taken good luck! check out my kasket kar when u get a chance and lmk what u think!

Comment

Originally posted by Dickey View Post
                              I spit everytime I read this line, hehe.

"I'm not judging you, but you're wrong."
                              Thanks I get that a lot. But I built it for me. A classic chevy with that infamous 5.0 through 40 series flowmaster sound I grew up with. Nothing like bangin a short shifter in a 302 powered 57 chevy. I keep the hood closed a lot lol

And creepypt I get that a lot with my 74 courier. I love nothing more than when people ask me how I get over speed bumps. With 1/2 valves and lines and 200 PSI when I hit the center switch all four corners pop up with 7 3/4" of ground clearance in about 1/4 of a second and I can haul plenty in the back. Its mostly beer and parts, but shes a functional truck. Now it just serves a different purpose that I built itfor. That's what its all about man...

Comment

pt-cruiser-hearse-black-back.jpgnow this is a pt hearse lol.....do it

Comment

Working...
                                X