New guy with 1964 Cad Hearse in Alaska

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well got both leafs done! yea!

removed rusty brake lines and hose from rear axle, gonna go match them up at the parts store saturday to get some new stuff to install.

gettin closer!!

Comment

rear axle hardlines in, springs in, cant find any replacement rubber break hose locally, anyone got a source?

Comment

wagner F64894
        raybestos BH35076
        brakebest BH401550

Give one of these a try. Its on my 63 M&M & 63 Superior

Comment

Originally posted by pyro View Post
          wagner F64894
          raybestos BH35076
          brakebest BH401550

Give one of these a try. Its on my 63 M&M & 63 Superior
          how about that brass T? mine split in 2 on the front.

Comment

Originally posted by chestypuller View Post
            how about that brass T? mine split in 2 on the front.
            The rear axle brass T fitting?

Comment

ya has t2 7/16" 1/4" lines on the sides and i think a 7/16-20 in the front going to the rubber hose end, looks like a bubble fitting on that end.

Comment

I went through a parts stores books, and found a suitable substitute.

Comment

Originally posted by pyro View Post
                  I went through a parts stores books, and found a suitable substitute.
                  THE NAPA guys acted like i just landed from mars and they didnt carry OLD vehicle stuff. and the orielys said about the same thing, so purchased a 80 chevy rear hose that has a built in T, its 3/16" tho. so i need to adapt the 3/16" to 7/16"(1/4" hardline) flare size.

or i could order that factory hose and that T you found if you got the part number. it seems the people get dumber and dumber at the part store, a new guy that was working there was pretty helpful tho, but i dont think home depot or lowes will have a bubble /flare T fitting, maybe just flare.

Comment

went to napa again, found som tube adapters! yea good to go for now.

Comment

• welp! got t outa the barn, filled up radiator to test out cooling, water pump shot leaking from weep hole, ordered water pump today.

Comment

• Best to replace the fuel pump as well. The rubber diaphram will fail soon, from being stored dry.

Comment

• ya good point! might as well they are cheap.

Comment

• having a hard time finding a pump locally! anyone got some tricks? i could go electrical pump.

Comment

• is it a CARTER M3993?????

Comment

• Have you tried rock auto. Or on line with orielly auto parts.

Comment

Working...
                                X