Crosses fingers..............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crosses fingers..............

At 5pm tommorrow night, in the glorious town of commerce ga, I may very well be driving home in a new (to me) factory black on black, 1964 Ford Thunderbird. I REALLY want this car. It needs almost nothing, and yes, it has landau bars........and all 4 hubcaps, zero rust. Grrrrr.....this car, when I turn it on, returns the favor........

Gimmie.

Sounds sweet got any pics?

Comment

I'm not posting pics untill it is in my driveway. I have learned it is bad mojo.

Comment

It looks just like this....but with the landau bars with the thunderbird emblems in them instead of just the big thunderbird emblems.....
        Attached Files

Comment

DAYYYMNNN!!!! Thats gonna be sweet.

Comment

Oh man - that is sexy!

Comment

2 more hours of waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!(hops up and down).......i can't take this suspense......

Comment

Well?

Comment

WWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTT

Got it. I'll get better pictures and detailstommorrow when/if it's not all wet and nasty outside.

And the guy is color blind. it's not black, it's dark as fuck midnight blue. close enough tho.
                  Attached Files

Comment

It might as well be a coach, horrible gas milliage, landau bars and a busted driver's side hood hinge.....

Comment

The real question - did you trade anything for it?

Looks awesome man, can't wait to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychoholic View Post
                        The real question - did you trade anything for it?

Looks awesome man, can't wait to see it.
                        You know me. Well,I guess that doesn't help does it.....

Yes I did. It was all very well planned out and orchestrated. The situation is kind of complicated, but all 3 parties involved got what they wanted in the end.

This car is awesome. Beats the hell out of that 59 cadillac in power, sleekness, sexiness, and honestly overall design. I mean yeah the 59 had the tailfins, but that's really all it has going for it, the T-Bird is a package deal of dopeness.

here is a quote from my own mother.........

" if you decide to be a douchebag with this car like you did that blue cadillac, you WILL give me first shot at getting it, my god it's gorgeous"

It does need some work. Full tune up, carb rebuilt (has a factory 4 barrel holly), front end rebuilt, shocks, ect. Interior needs cleaned and reassembled, they took alot of it apart for the paint job, it was no cheap job, door frames, trunk, underhood, engine compartment, everything fresh painted. I have ALL chrome,emblems and so on , needs reinstalled. Some small electrical gremlins, dash lights, turn signals, radio, nothing impeeding my ability to drive it. Driver's side hood hinge needs a bolt in it where one of the rivets gave way. One of the heat risers in the exaust on the pass side is busted and leaks like hell, I'll probably just remove it and bolt the exaust straight to the manifold.

This car has that swing away steering collumn, so you can move it out of the way to get out of the car......I think this car is only 2 options away from being top of the line model for the year.

Comment

Let's hear this trade action.

Comment

Sigh. No. I don't want to get yelled at for being semi practical for once in my life.

Fine. I traded the Plymouth for the crotch rocket. Which was a fairly even trade deal due to the bike having 30k miles on it, which is high, but it runs perfect and looks like new.
                            Now Chris don't give me any shit, you haven't gotten to drive yours enough to see the limitations, plus, yours being an auto, 8cylinder car, you have a few less limitations than I did.
                            Then I was offered a deal I couldn't refuse, for several reasons, so the crotch rocket miraculously transformed into a classic T-Bird. Which in a day or 2 I can drive to california in if I wanted to, yet still retains the ability to be involved in many car clubs because of the year/body style. Barely.

Comment

Word of advise:

Rebuild the grommets to the shifter in the steering column FIRST! Swing away steering wheels have a tendency to shift into Reverse from Park and drop gears while driving. I know this FIRST HAND! I wrecked three cars when I let a TBird idle in my shop. It dropped into reverse and creamed a BMX, Toyota Cressida(this was the early 90's) and smashed up the TBird quarter panels real nice. The three hundred dollar exhaust job I did cost me 13 grand.

REBUILD THE SHIFT LINKAGE RIGHT AWAY!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X