Crosses fingers..............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hotroddwayne View Post
    Hey Billy does it have the 390FE engine? My '64 Mercury has it & they are quite a powerhouse!

That would be the one

Comment

Well in case you're ever in need, I have a complete spare 390FE in the shop on a stand. My 390 has been very dependable... only problem is keeping oil in it... damn rear main leaks & they're NOT an easy repair!

P.S. Do you know what the FE stands for in a 390FE?........wait for it......... Ford Edsel....... no shit

Comment

Well in case you're ever in need, I have a complete spare 390FE in the shop on a stand. My 390 has been very dependable... only problem is keeping oil in it... damn rear main leaks & they're NOT an easy repair!

P.S. Do you know what the FE stands for in a 390FE?........wait for it......... Ford Edsel....... no shit

Actually its Ford Engine....not to burst a bubble.

Also, here is a write up about some beasts you can build outta an FE motor.

Comment

Sorry Tony, I know my Fords well & know 390FE stands for Ford Edsel... and went straight to the source for confirmation:

"FE" is an acronym for 'Ford-Edsel'[1]. Versions designed for use in trucks and school buses were known as "FT", an acronym for 'Ford-Truck', and differed primarily by having steel (instead of nodular iron) crankshafts, larger crank snouts and different distributors.

Comment

Sorry Tony, I know my Fords well & know 390FE stands for Ford Edsel... and went straight to the source for confirmation:
            Damn magazine not checking their facts. Sorry bro, bubble re-inflated.

Comment

Originally posted by tonytheskin View Post
              Damn magazine not checking their facts. Sorry bro, bubble re-inflated.
              LOL no need to inflate a bubble bud... i'm just on here for fun, friends, & swapping stories, ideas, & advice.

Comment

Working...
              X