Southeastern regional NHAA meet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a suggestion...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that most of your membership is kind of centered around Atlanta. Google maps puts the distance between Atlanta and Savannah at around 4 hours. Ok, well I don't know how many people that you might attract from south of your area. But if you would maybe consider a bit north say, Charlotte, NC or Asheville, NC., you might just get a few of us from WV, VA or OH to come down. The distance for your guys would be about the same, and the distance for the aforementioned areas, would be similar as well. Now, I haven't really checked with any of my guys to see if they would be interested in making this trip so definitely don't go changing your plans based on this. I just thought I'd throw it out and see what the interest level might be.

In any case, I wish you guys great sucess with this.
    Last edited by EternalCombustion; 08-14-2012, 12:33 PM.

Comment

I second what EternalCombustion said, although I'd go further west, say Nashville?

You know what, never mind. I forgot about the smokey mountains and I'm sure many would like to avoid driving over them.

Comment

i hope this will turn into an annual event that changes cities each year. Savannah is a great destination, and should not be too far from the carolina people. But to your point, i'm not sure if anyone's in Florida right now.

After hearing from more and more people, it seems like we will just cancel this event and postpone probably to some time in 2013.

Comment

Ok, due to some exellent suggestions i have decided to scrap the current plans. We need to determine the following:

1) Date of event - several people have suggested March
          2) Location - several people have suggested a more central location

possible locations could be Chattanooga, Nashville, Asheville, or Charlotte

Comment

You need to get input from other SouthEast area clubs. Find out how many people would actually be interested in making the trip, then decide a location.

Comment

I say we still do it.

Let's head north a little bit to Asheville or Nashville, do it the weekend before thanksgiving or thereabouts.

Comment

Originally posted by LMS View Post
                You need to get input from other SouthEast area clubs. Find out how many people would actually be interested in making the trip, then decide a location.
                absolutely true. i have been waiting for them to chime in...

*waits*

Comment

Although intentionally not the type to RSVP to anything ever, I will say that Asheville, Charlotte, Chattanooga, or Savannah will be easier that Nashville for several people my way.

Comment

I think Nashville is a bit too far. it's 5 hours from here. apparently there are good cemeteries in chattanooga. there's also some civil war battlefields and things we could tour. If we went to asheville, we could take the biltmore house by storm, but i'm not sure what else there is to do there.

I think we need to appoint a committee to determine the best cities and what they have to offer. who would like to volunteer? We need to know about local attractions, hotels, restaurants, etc. as for the hotel, we need room rates, group rates and how many rooms we need to block out and whether or not they have a conference room. catering also might be good if we get enough people.

Comment

Looks like we are narrowing it down to Asheville or Charlotte. Both of these are within 4 hours driving of Atlanta and Charleston, SC

Comment

I will try to get an idea of those in my group that would be interested in coming and let you know soon.

Comment

Any other updates or input? Is anyone dead set against having this in asheville?

Comment

3 family friendly items worth doing in Asheville and surrounding area:

Mellow Mushroom: Philosopher's Pie. NOM! Indulging in a MM gourmet pizza may be more of a treat for those that don't have one local:

Order Online for pizzas, wings and more or visit our restaurant and enjoy draft beer and cocktails. Vegan and Gluten Free options available. We cater.

75 mile views on 315' monolith Chimney Rock. Adventuring types can continue on another 200 vertical feet. (I counted how many stairs total to Exclamation Point/peak @ and have since forgotten -1121?) Worth 1/2 day on grounds for sure w/ several hiking routes to take. Epic scenery and photo taking ability:

And my absolute favorite museum in the whole world. What Dale (and Matt) have put together is simply mind blowing. Easily can take a day if you're into vintage American iron:

Wheels Through Time Museum is home to the world’s premier collection of rare American motorcycles, memorabilia, and a distinct array of unique “one-off” American automobiles. Located just 5 miles off the Blue Ridge Parkway in Maggie Valley, North Carolina our museum houses a collection of over 300 rare machines.

WTTM closes for season Nov 26.

Has anyone contacted that new-ish hearse club in Knoxville, Knox 'Em Dead? They only have 5 coaches but are located less than 2 hours from Asheville.

Comment

How about Waverly Hills? http://www.therealwaverlyhills.com/

I bet we could get them to sponsor it with us. =)

Comment

are the knock 'em dead folks here on the NHAA boards, if not, then no.

Comment

Working...
                                X