No announcement yet.

Southeastern regional NHAA meet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well let me know if you end up needing anything. Mother owns a Trophy shop in Asheville. <3 Z

Comment

• Where is Statesboro, GA in relation to the event?

Nevermind, mapped it, only about 60 miles! I have hearse people over there!

Comment

• Actually, statesboro ga to Asheville nc is about 4 & a half hour difference from what I googled.

Comment

• Perhaps I misread. I thought I saw it was in Savannah.

Comment

• Originally we were gonna do Savannah but someone made the point, If we are going 4 hours east, why not go 4 hours North so more people can attend. You must mean Robey. I tried to talk him into coming but he doesn't think their coaches would make it.

Comment

• yea, Rob. He just told me he drove 6 hours to hauntcon... I'll have a talk with him. His wife is here in Ca right now, just saw her on Saturday.

Comment

• Apparently it's only about 4 hours from savannah to asheville. that seems pretty reasonable to me.

Comment

• Update... at this point we have 10 rooms left in our reservation block.

Comment

• Hi all, i am proud to announce our second official corporate sponsor (behind harley-davidson of asheville) is http://www.6-ft-under.com/!

They will be sponsoring our friday night meet and greet! So please welcome them and bring a little extra cash, as they will have a vendor table set up.

Comment

• Cool. Bert and josh came to monster bash a few years ago. Really cool people. Be good to see them again

Comment

• i remember. i got a shirt from them and the hearse mileage log.

Comment

• Apparently only five rooms left at this point.

Comment

• We got ours!

Comment

• At some point we need to have a final call to make sure everything is in readiness for the asheville meet. Here is a brief check list:

DJ system/PA - hopefully two, a primary and a backup, and a few of you with good taste in music and portable music player devices

EZ-up Tents - hopefully one per four people, or one per two cars

Chairs - at least one chair per person

Tables - we will need at least one table for registration, and anyone who is vending should bring their own table also. The harley dealership said they have plenty of tables, but vendors should probably bring their own

Food and Drinks - right now it's BYO for the car show lunch because i don't think we were able to get any food vendors. Perhaps we can go monsterbash style and bring portable grills. That's probably the best plan.

2-way radios - we need at least one radio per vehicle. These will also come in handy for managing the car show. Also please bring spare batteries.

Trash bags - everyone please bring plenty of trash bags and help us keep the show area as clean as possible.

Volunteers - we are going to need lots of volunteers to help run the car show. At a minimum, we need two people out front directing traffic back to the show area at all times. Also, we should probably have two people at the registration booth at all times. We need an emcee for the car show, as well as an awards team that will help judge/process voter ballots/figure out what classes we'll have.

Cash - please try to bring a little spending money to help out the vendors.

What am i forgetting?

Comment

• To give you an update. We are having a few issues that I am hoping will not effect our attendence. My wife is going to have to have surgery prior to the show, but I am hoping that she will be recovered enough to not be an issue. However, I will not be able to judge this until probably the week before. Also, the other member that was going to be sharing the room with us is having some work related problems with that weekend. But once again we are working on a solution to that as well. Also, I'll just go ahead and say this, that unfortunately with the aforementioned issues if the weather looks bleak 2 or 3 days out from the show we will probably go ahead and call it, because it will not be worth it, all considered. However, this obviously is worst case. I'm trully hoping and actually expecting all to be great and look forward to coming down.

Comment

Working...
                                X