**hearse display at World of Wheels**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by travlinman View Post
    Doubt I'll see Yall by the 26th, paypal Me or charge it to Kellie, either is good with Me. .
    hahahahaaaaa,,,, No problem, I can spot RayRay if needed! ..... Just remember what they say about paybacks, LoL~

Comment

^lollz. Ray's gonna do the 3-way. WOOT!

i'm gonna ask about trailer parking for Ray, coolers for Jeff... anyone else have questions? i'm making a list for when i talk to the guy.

Comment

meeting up with the world of wheels guy tonight after work. gonna give him everyone's money, figure out where we will be, and get answers to everyones questions. i will keep yall posted.

Comment

ok here's an update and a bit of a recap. i turned in everyone's app and money and talked to Kal. here are the coaches that will be in the display:

1. Jeff's 93 Vodou1
          2. Kellie's 74 Superior
          3. Kirk's 88 LaSabre
          4. Ray's 75 3-Way
          5. Tony's 74 Miller-Meteor
          6. Scott's 86 Phantasm
          7. Scott's 84 Zombie
          8. Selena's 95 Eagle

we will have 2 displays side by side. Each will hold 4 cars. Kal said they would be 20X60 (but if the Mopar guys don't use the spots on the ends, we could end up with 2 20X80's). WOOT! so Scott was thinking maybe doing one display more funerary and the other display more zombie related. but we are still kinda hashing that out. If anyone has a preference one way or the other, let me know.

Here's some other info i got from Kal:

1. there is camper and trailer parking available for Ray. there is a charge and it's one of those things that is not handled thru Kal, it goes thru the convention center. he says all the guys that travel with the show stay in their RV's too. he thinks it's about $60 for the weekend to park an RV and $25 for a trailer. but they may combine the rate for a camper and trailer and make it cheaper.

2. if we want power to both displays, we will need to "rent" two outlets (one for each display). he is checking into the price, but he says he thinks it could be about $100 for each outlet.

3. you cannot bring a cooler through the main entry, but if you store one in your car that's cool. just keep it on the down low.

4. we need a fence around both displays (Tony said he may have an idea for this) and we need floor covering for both displays (cheapest option is probably visqueen)

5. our move-in time will probably be wednesday night or thursday morning. Kal is gonna get back with me on that.

6. Kellie has come up with a cool design for NOLA Hearse t-shirts, so hopefully we can have something cool to wear to show off our NOLA Hearse pride at the show. more details to come.

so keep checking back for updates. and i'll keep y'all posted on the stuff that is up in the air. if y'all have any questions, let me know.

Comment

so far we have 2 displays, each 20x60. selena and i did a practice layout with 2 of the hearses and it looks like we have a good amount of space for props etc. one display's theme is zombies and the other is general horror/funerals, you know the stuff that scares the crap out of people. i picked up some stuff today to make a tombstone barrier for horror display. the zombie display i need to get small buckets about 3 gal size. for now my idea is to make them buckets of toxic waste. these are to put the barrier around the display with the zombie tape i bought. if anyone has access to about 18 three gallon buckets let me know before i go buy some. i have the pipe and concrete. also just wanted to mention that these are just the overall theme, all of you guys are artists and can add whatever you want to the display, the more we have the better the showing we will make. id also like to try to get together with as many as possible to go over some general ideas and see what else we can come up with.

Comment

another UPDATE!!! lots of info here, so lemme do a bullet list... please make sure you read over all of it.

1. here is a drawing i did of the displays and where everyone's hearses will be. i agonized over placement for days, and i think this is the best layout we can do to highlight everyone's best features. i even wrote in the features in was hoping to highlight for everyone. please let me know if you have any concerns with this, as i have to turn in where everyone's coaches will be to Kal who is running the show (and i need to do it ASAP).

i also drew up a quickie layout of where we are on the floor of the show to give everyone an idea of where we will be. i couldn't remember where everything was that Kal told me, so i just wrote in what i could remember. the question marks on the ends of our display are where the Mopar club will possibly be if they get their act together

2. scott and i took two hearses and did a quick mock-up in a parking lot... and with angle parking them, two hearses take up a 20X28 spot with TONS of space for displaying stuff. i should have taken more pics, but i only got a shot of the mockup of the central "V" shaped display area we will have in each display. the cone represents the back of the invisible hearse that would be nosed to the silver hearse. that's a HUGE "V" space to put stuff in. we will also have HUGE spaces on each corner for props and decorations and stuff. i forgot to take pictures of that tho.

3. we need to get together and brainstorm ideas for how we are gonna do these huge displays. we need to coordinate with everyone on props, decorations, etc... i know it's probably gonna be next to impossible to get everyone together on the same day, but how about this Sunday (1/8)... and we can talk about everything over dinner? we could do Voodoo BBQ in Metairie for like 6pm? any thoughts??

4. scott has come up with some awesome ideas for fencing in the displays, zombie caution tape and biohazard buckets for the zombie display and little tombstones and tape for the horror/funerary side. this is the best plan we have considering we can't do anything 'static' since we may show up and have two 20X80 displays and we will totally have to improvise on the fly. we still needs y'alls help with the biohazard buckets and tape for the horror side. if anyone has these items or has ideas about getting them on the cheap, please let us know.

5. also, we need some NOLA Hearse signs made for the display. since we have such AWESOME artists in our midst, do any of y'all want to make something? we need at least 2 signs (1 for each display). it could be as simple as painted plywood pieces. it can just lay on the ground, or be propped up. just something to advertise that we are all part of the club. if y'all have the bug, you could even do them with the display themes of zombies and horror (or even just do separate signs for the zombie and horror themes). let your creativity flow!! any other art is welcome too!! let me know if you are interested!!

6. i still am waiting to hear more info on the outlets and the move-in times, but plan for wednesday night to get the cars in (and we can take time thursday and friday morning to decorate the display). the show opens friday night. as for outlets, how about we do this... once we find out the price, anyone who wants to use the power can split the cost? so, if it costs $100 per side and all 4 cars want to use the outlet, it would be $25 per car. does that sound fair?

7. Talked to Lizzy about the T-shirts today and she said she had to see the colors of the design before she could quote a price. had some trouble sending the files, and i'm waiting to hear back from her. i'll keep you posted on that.

ok, that's all for now. whew!
              Last edited by SunsetHawkSelena; 01-03-2012, 11:15 PM.

Comment

i plan to do the outlet for the horror side definate, i need basic power to run the animated lighting controller and to charge aux batteries in skully overnight. the zombie side is up to ya'll. i'll put in too on that one, but its not a big deal if it cant be done. i do have one zombie that needs power.

Comment

Would it be possible to swap places with Gozer? I tried calling.
                  Last edited by travlinman; 01-04-2012, 12:03 AM.

Comment

if you swap places with Gozer, your right side will be exposed and i know you said that side still needs work. if you are worried about your 3way suicide door blocking the view at that angle, don't worry. the cars are on more of an anlge in reality than in my drawing (look at the pic i took of Paulie and you can kinda see) so i think you will be able to see everything you want seen in that spot. if you have other concerns, let me know. we can switch ya.
                    Last edited by SunsetHawkSelena; 01-04-2012, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Would it be possible to swap places with Gozer? I tried calling.
                      Kellie said not to answer

Comment

If She gives Me any more shit, I'll take Her place in the front row. I don't know how tha last to cum gets the choice spot, guess it's in tha by laws somewhere. When She refused to meet Me Monday She missed out. I had something long and skinney for Her. Needed a good cleaning but still works fine, oh well, had to give it to Someone else, Her loss!

Comment

Oh shit! Raaaaaaay's back with a vengeance!

Comment

Originally posted by LorcinLS1 View Post
                            Kellie said not to answer
                            Exactly, no answer, let RayRay's calls go to voicemail!!! I'm glad everyone is following My orders, LoL!

Comment

If She gives Me any more shit, I'll take Her place in the front row. I don't know how tha last to cum gets the choice spot, guess it's in tha by laws somewhere. When She refused to meet Me Monday She missed out. I had something long and skinney for Her. Needed a good cleaning but still works fine, oh well, had to give it to Someone else, Her loss!
                              What a way to start off the 2012, More of RayRay's bitching & moaning!
                              -I give you shit?? You'll take My shit with a smile, know your place!
                              -Take My place in the front row????? How is that, you can't even get moved to the very back, next to trash can where you belong!
                              -I refused to meet ya? I can't help it if I was at the busy at the cemeteries taking photos with My hearse. You know the cemeteries that you can't go anymore, or should I say don't have the balls to go to!
                              -My loss, a gift that's dirty???? You should know better... wanting to give me something that needs cleaning. Long and skinny and filthy! Oh Please, you should have spit shined for me, then maybe it would have been worth my trouble!

Comment

Selena & Scott are doing a great job at putting all of this together, not to mention time & money, so back to the topic at hand.....
                                I can pretty much meet up with yall anytime. And I think the layout looks great.

Comment

Working...
                                X