No announcement yet.

small block chevy install in a 58 M/M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have not updated this in awhile. I got the floor pans all welded in and painted up. Also got the floor hole cut for my shifter. Im putting a genie floor swan neck shifter into it.DSCN7341.jpgDSCN7342.jpgDSCN7409.jpgDSCN7414.jpgDSCN7415.jpgDSCN7564.jpgDSCN7566.jpgDSCN7567.jpgDSCN7568.jpg

Comment

I also had a really blown out rag joint on the column. so got a kit and rebuilt it. This should make a big difference on road feel.DSCN7420.jpgDSCN7421.jpgDSCN7422.jpgDSCN7536.jpg

Comment

this would cost like... a million dollars to have a shop do all this.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_ricks View Post
          this would cost like... a million dollars to have a shop do all this.
          And wouldn't be as near as Awesome! Rocky you are THE MAN!
          Last edited by Abnorml; 03-01-2014, 02:57 AM. Reason: misspelling

Comment

i have been working on putting the rear end back into the old girl. So happy to be actually putting pieces back on instead of taking stuff off. This is all new springs, and hard wear, bushings,DSCN7629.jpgDSCN7631.jpgDSCN7751.jpgDSCN7752.jpgDSCN7790.jpgDSCN7791.jpgDSCN7792.jpg

Comment

Disc brakes on the rear of a '58?? I love it! What did you use?

Comment

i had one of the guys that is in my car club that owned a machine shop do up the rear. We took the factory commercial rear end and did some machining to make the plates, resize the end bearings, and machine the bolt hub to fit the disc hats. We used a disc brake rear set up from wilwood that we ordered from speed way motors. Was going to have a 9" made but that was like $4000.00 so much happier with what i have here with a third of the cost. I also disc braked the front end also. Im all about updating this coach so i can get in it and drive cross country and hopefully not have much of any problem with it, i hope.DSCN7799.jpg

Comment

Ahh, to have a friend who is a machinist, and have access to a shop.

Comment

Looks great, very nice work!

Comment

Originally posted by pyro View Post
                      Ahh, to have a friend who is a machinist, and have access to a shop.
                      And to have Rocky's talent too...

Comment

here's a little update, i have been thrashing on trying to get my 58 farther along. i got the front of the frame all painted up, and installed the fabricated up plate and booster and pedal assembly. took my chevy ZZ-4 motor and painted it up caddy blue, and installed the turbo 400 to in. DSCN7891.jpgDSCN7907.jpgDSCN7910.jpgDSCN7916.jpgDSCN7919.jpgDSCN7920.jpgDSCN7924.jpgDSCN7925.jpgDSCN7927.jpg

Comment

You've been busy!

Comment

Hell yea, looks like lots O progress. On the rag joint, put a ground strap to both halves. That's the ground to the horn.

Comment

i did resolder and fix that strap on the rag joint for the horn, it was kind of a pain to do that. I hope it works

Comment

Pics on the install?

Comment

Working...
                                X