No announcement yet.

workin on the gal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've done it. You just have to make sure that you drill straight through the center. I work with a pilot hole and go progessively up to a size smaller than the bolt hole, then take the remains of the bolt out in shavings, with cutting oil and a tap. If the drill bit goes crooked, though, you are royally screwed, no pun intended.

-denise

Comment

Have the ol boy at the body shop (buddies house) getting the floor replace, rocker panels, then if I have any money left over, the body work & paint. Havent seen a car with so little floor in it like the hearse.

Comment

GetAttachment.jpg

hearse floor.jpg

started working on the rotted floor & rockers.

Comment

thats a hell of a lot of welding man, was the car sitingin a field for a while?

Comment

road salt during the winter. It was used by a music shop for a bit, but other than that , dont know the history.

Comment

You must have got the car from somewhere in my part of the country then. How is the frame?

Comment

frame is good, just the poor quality sheet metal M&M used .

Comment

Been a while since I posted an update. The car was media blasted, all rust repaired and the car is painted. Back home from the interior shop. The right side trim is on. The rocker cover panels are in work, being straightened up and polished. Still need to rebuild the spot lights, rechrome a few interior pieces. Then start on the back interior. lay a new wood floor, rechrome the curtain rods, and what ever else needs redoing.
                  DSCN1237_709.jpgDSCN1238_708.jpgnew interior.jpg

Comment

That is an amazing transformation from the picture you posted earlier. Looks to be an excellent ride.

Comment

car looks dope.....i was going ask about the grass in your yard the saw your location, says it all. Oh yea, congrats on car.

Comment

HOLY SHIT MAN!!!!! was that the pink and black one you had?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Feelgood View Post
                          HOLY SHIT MAN!!!!! was that the pink and black one you had?
                          Thats the pink & black one. Sooo much work, and more to go still

Comment

Put a gumball on top. The interior is finished, except hooking up the lap belts. Next on the list is a leaky exh manifold, rear main seal, cracked dip stick tube, and bad engin mounts. DSCN2002.JPG

Comment

The M&M has sold. It sold about 4 months ago. Don't remember if I posted or not. The 63 Superior has a fresh motor in it, and will work on the front floors, after Christmas. They have the usual severe rot.

Comment

Got pics of the finished project?

Comment

Working...
                                X