No announcement yet.

Can anyone top this rust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

171.jpgHERE ARE A COUPLE OF PICTURES OF THE RUSTY ONE THAT MY WIFE AND I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON. IT IS A 33 DODGE PICK UP THAT WE ARE RODDING. IT LAYED 130.jpgOUTSIDE FOR ABOUT 50 YEARS. EVEN THE ROOF IS ROTTED OUT, IF SOMEONE WOULD OF BROUGHT IT TO ME I WOULD OF SAID TAKE IT OUT OF HERE. BUT SINCE IT IS OUR 145.jpgAND THE CAB IS NOT THAT BIG I FIGURED I WOULD SAVE THE GIRL. I HAVE ALREADY REBUILT THE LOWER PART OF THE CAB. WE CHANNELED IT 6INCHES AND IT WILL HAVE131.jpg A 41/2" TOP CHOP. WE HOPE TO HAVE IT ABOUT ROOF HEIGHT. IT WILL RUN A 354 CHRYSLER HEMI STICK, AND IT WILL HAVE CHEATER SLICKS WITH RAIDAR TRI RIBS. I139.jpgTS GOING TO HAVE A DEVIL GIRL THEME TO BE LIKE THE BRIDE OF THE GREASER DEVIL DUDE I USE FOR MY AVITAR FROM MY 62 CHRYSLER 300. ALSO HERE IS A PICTURE 132.jpgOF MY WIFE WELDING THE FIREWALL AND COWL UP. SHE SAYS SHE WANTS TO SAY SHE WAS PART OF THE BUILD WHEN IT DONE NOT HE BUILT IT SO SHE HAS DIVED INTO IT.147.jpg

Comment

Man I need to find someone like that lol no one appreciates or wants to help around here.. they just think it is weird :P

Comment

Yes im lucky, she is a gear head also, when i put a offer on that 62 pontiac hearse she was pissed because we could of finished up her truck for what i offered the dude. It makes it easy to buy gifts for her.
        Originally posted by Paradox View Post
        Man I need to find someone like that lol no one appreciates or wants to help around here.. they just think it is weird :P

Comment

I wish I had the drive and skill that you have.

Comment

Thanks. If you were closer i could teach you some metal tricks.

Comment

I vote you roadtrip and teach us all one by one :P

Comment

I like this idea but im really close hahaha

Comment

Now that sounds like one hell of a road trip!!
                  I vote you roadtrip and teach us all one by one :P

Comment

Originally posted by Beladona_13 View Post
                    Frame is sold for the most part. The right front lower control arm mounts had issues, but I cut the frame and installed a Camaro Z28 front clip... no more rusty mounts! I also got disc brakes, sway bar, and easy to locate front end parts to boot! The down side was the steering box is now in front of the frame, so the steering column is at a different angle than stock. But doing things this way allowed me to swap on '79 Deville front spindles and rotors to get 12" discs and 5 on 5 bolt pattern again! Woohoo! The only other frame area that I worry about is rear of the differential. I see some potential weak spots.... if so, I'll graft in fresh steel.
                    wow that would have looked like a total loss to me :O My rust suddenly does not look as bad. Want to come help with mine after you finish? :P

Comment

Here's My rust pic:, it can also be seen in My photo album
                      Attached Files

Comment

how do you like my rust?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Wow, that pic rocks, who needs a sun roof?

Comment

Egad!!!

Comment

Looks like a rusty sunken ship.

Comment

how do you like my rust?
                                This looks very similar to my floors, or lack thereof! I'm assuming this is a parts car? Or are you gonna slap a new roof on it?

Comment

Working...
                                X