The hot rod frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The hot rod frame

dodge headlight-and frame build 015.jpgdodge headlight-and frame build 021.jpgdodge headlight-and frame build 027.jpgdodge headlight-and frame build 031.jpgdodge headlight-and frame build 018.jpgdodge headlight-and frame build 033.jpgdodge headlight-and frame build 025.jpgWell here is the start of the custom frame for my wifes truck. It is all made with 3/16th plate cut out and drilled and sleaved with the lighting holes. The rear ladder bars are 3/8 plate cut out and bar stock welded to the ends to make a I-beam. The front is welded up but the picture format would not load, so i will have to post pics of it when i can reshoot with not as high of res. The frame is holes front to back. It is running a 46 ford front axel, and we split the wish bones and fliped them and bent them into a arc, and also drilled and sleaved them also. I will probably have them plated, when i can afford it. But you guys heared me rambling about it sorry it has taken time to post it.

That's looking mighty fine. You must live in that garage!

Comment

That thing is gonna look sick! I'm just thinking out loud here, but I don't think you're saving much weight by the time you weld a tube in there connecting those holes. It'll sure look cool though...

Comment

Yes there is some time on it but i work better under pressure. Im trying to get it into a roller for the world of wheels car show in milwaukee on febuary 18th-20th. My car club always has some of our in progress cut up stuff at it. And yes R U INJRD with all the tube added some weight- it is all about the look, and with all the holes being sleeved it did really strengthen the rails up alot. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X