Shifting problem continues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

late shift

There is also the possibility that the trany is toast, they do burn up, and need to be rebuilt/replaced. If when you started this the fluid was dark red and smelled it was probily burnt.

Comment

Evilmanor, you ever get trans problem fixed. I m having same problems.

Comment

Originally posted by corpses bride View Post
        Evilmanor, you ever get trans problem fixed. I m having same problems.
        corpses bride it ended up being a vacuum line problem. At some point before I bought it one of the vacuum lines were plugged into the wrong place.

Comment

Ok after a few hundred cuss words, new hoses, new modulator, numerous parts replaced that were not needed i finally have Emily shifting the way she should. Come to find out there is a little plastic peice of shit switch that was the problem. Its a ported vacuum switch. For those that dont know its located just under the thermostat housing.(1978 425) It was frickin cracked and wasnt working. When i pulled heads off i must of bumped it and sure as shit it wasnt working the way it should. Damn car pisses me off. What happend to the days of 6 wires 5 hoses and 2 belts and it was good. Hope this helps anyone out that maybe having same issues. Thanks to all who lended some advice.

Comment

Working...
          X