• Show
Clear All

Comment

Found another camper in a search of my hard drive
      Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by maximpakt View Post
          As soon as I saw the pic, before I even saw the caption I immediatly thought of Zach.
          Yeah, but I don't fuck coaches up beyond reasonable repair. This thing is just gone.

Comment

Here's one on craigslist, http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/1410454368.html

Comment

Found one today. Used to be a Eureka.

Comment

Traveler, do you have the contact information or location of that yard? I'm curious what they would want for some of the parts...

Comment

The yard is in Erie, Colorado. I have not found their contact information, but I'll keep trying. I have a couple more pictures if you want them.

Comment

Please...

Comment

Caddy Campers?!?

I suggest we hunt that company's surviving family down.

Comment

Hearse camper conversions are just wrong

Comment

You folks do realize the Caddy Campers(all the companies that made them) were bought as bare bones commercial cars(front clip only)? They did not destroy procars to make them.

Comment

I call bullshit.

1. That isn't a '50s company logo or application.
                            2. Nor is it a '50s camper unit grafted on.
                            3. This particular unit did start out as a Superior.
                            4. The only other I've seen from Caddy Campers (although I somehow neglected to save pics) ran on eBay May (or June), 2008 was based on a '58 Eureka.

That's akin to saying a roadside dead dog passed of old age. Nice sentiment but exceedingly small percentage of possibility.

Safer assumption that they were purchased cheaply once second or third hand and converted. This explains different coach builders name plates being used. This also explains why there isn't factory literature floating around for Caddy Campers or any other such company with standardized model offerings.

Comment

There was a Caddy Campers in San Clemente, Ca. They used commercial bodies that hadn't been converted yet. I know because I grew up very close to there and had been in their "factory" as a kid. Were there cars that were chopped up, I'm sure there were, however, I know as fact most were built from the raw commercial chassis.

Comment

My 53 pontiac housecar started life as an ambulance or combination judgeing by the zipper in the headliner, additional light switches in the dash and bulkhead/sliding glass partition.
                                And i just came across a 56 cadillac housecar mere blocks from my house that i'm told started life as a flower car that was rear ended then converted by a camper/coach company.

Comment

Working...
                                X