Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this i like and have the car to do it with

Comment

You could almost graft a truck cap on to make that. To fix that you could always weld the patches from the inside, and skim coat the outside with filler. Even a half assed job of smoothing it will be hidden with enough bedliner.

Comment

nothing to patch the top is gone the inside is mush rear quarters shot but from the crown up front is fine and i have good quarters off a 74 that might work ... one day

Comment

This idea actually isn't to bad....but the complete chop offs I'm just like wow why do that to a nice hearse, especially the campers...I mean I'm a "to each their own" kinda guy but they just don't appeal to me...at all.

Comment

Originally posted by northgahearse View Post
            this i like and have the car to do it with
            I took that picture in VA en route home from Daytona in either '93 or '94. Took awhile to find the 35mm print. I recall your coach and agree with necessity being mother of invention.

Comment

Originally posted by SmoothNlow View Post
              the complete chop offs I'm just like wow why do that to a nice hearse, especially the campers...
              Because in the late '50s through the '60s nice coaches were CHEAP fresh out of service. Nobody wanted them. Companies sprang up offering conversions. This thread was started as proof that these ideas were not the brightest. Most complete roof cuts I've shown were campers at one time where the aluminum was removed when scrap was high.
              Last edited by 60Crown; 06-14-2011, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Atti View Post
                I took that picture in VA en route home from Daytona in either '93 or '94. Took awhile to find the 35mm print. I recall your coach and agree with necessity being mother of invention.
                i got that car for the motor and just as a parts car found it to be a crown royal and i just can't part it out and scrap it

so for now it sits in the bone yard and well it just sits i do air the tires up now and then

Comment

Because in the late '50s through the '60s nice coaches were CHEAP fresh out of service. Nobody wanted them. Companies sprang up offering conversions. This thread was started as proof that these ideas were not the brightest. Most complete roof cuts I've shown were campers at one time where the aluminum was removed when scrap was high.
                  Yea I guess there was a time when 50's coaches weren't highly sought after collector cars...that's just hard for me to grasp lol

Comment

Originally posted by northgahearse View Post
                    i got that car for the motor and just as a parts car found it to be a crown royal and i just can't part it out and scrap it
                    Crown Sovereign had a dignified closed rear; Royale was reserved for corner windows - but you knew that.

Comment

Crown Sovereign had a dignified closed rear; Royale was reserved for corner windows - but you knew that.
                      yep your right i did not know how to spell sovereign

Comment

Step dad found this the other day. Excellent front clip, good windsheild, as well as drive train. Faded for sale sign in the dash, waiting for word back. Hoping to use the sheetmetal and drive train on my 59. Ill keep posted. Shame to see a 60 cut up like this.

Comment

I see parts to upgrade my '60. PM sent.

Thanks for reminder to update thread. I have more to add.

Comment

Certainly. I need the hood, fenders, and motor and trans. Possibly some interior do dads. Probly sell off glass and other usable parts and scrap the rest. Fingers are crossed that owner thought to keep rear loading door and casket floor rollers etc!!! One can dream I guess lol

Comment

For that "Fantasy Island" burial look.

Comment

Atti, your original posts pics did not come through. Always interested in the 63's.

Comment

Working...
                                X