No announcement yet.

Crosses fingers..............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the heads up. I can see how and why that would happen, lots of joints and moving parts in there.

I crawled under the front end to see what was worn out, and much to my suprise, there are McPhereson struts in the front end. Which is kind of cool, cause these front end set ups are a breeze to work on, and they have fewer parts, guess I can rule out upper contol arm bushings.......

Needs a tune up. I grabbed the dist. cap and got the shit shocked out of me. Bad sign.

Moved the broken hood hinge pieces around a little so the hood would sit flat. That made the car look 100x better.

The exaust leak is horrible. And doofus used like a whole tube of that muffler putty on it to try and seal it. At least it breaks loose easily.

Mechanically, that's really it. Brakes need bled, but they are all brand new on all 4 corners.

Cosmetically, exterior isn't too bad other than the hood issue, some paint scuffs, and some of the chrome needs to be reinstalled. There is no trunk seal, which I will be ordering asap. Gotta keep the water out.

The interior isn't too bad other than alot of the metal is pot metal, so there are some pits in places. Some interior trim needs to be reinstalled, but overall it was just dusty as hell from sitting in a garage for so long. And it needs a new dash cap, but even it isn't completely destroyed or anything.

Comment

I'm not going to give you shit for the plymouth - you definitely traded up on it - but this is the SECOND damned crotch rocket you've owned I haven't gotten to ride yet before you sold it off... jackass.

=)

Comment

Friends don't let friends ride rice...

Comment

here she is after her quick washdown
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Psychoholic View Post
            I'm not going to give you shit for the plymouth - you definitely traded up on it - but this is the SECOND damned crotch rocket you've owned I haven't gotten to ride yet before you sold it off... jackass.

=)
            Yeah i know. That's why I told you the day I got it. But when opertunity arises......Carpe Diem ya know.

Comment

Front grill was missing something....

Comment

Now all you need are SS hubcaps and you can really have a "master racer"

Comment

Originally posted by Custom Coffin Works View Post
                  Front grill was missing something....

well, that would keep people away from it for sure...lol

Comment

That is one of the nicest cars you've owned in a long time.

Need to see it in person

Comment

Yeah, There's a few things I need to do to it before I really drive it much, and the arguement with the wife over how much I'm allowed to spend on it in one wave has already entered it's preliminary stages....><

Comment

This year the one that had everything running off of the engines vacuum? I had a 62 Lincoln and had a previous owner pull all that out in one yank. This was before the internet so finding a diagram to where everything went was a nightmare. I also remember the wipers being run off of the power steering pump too. You turn them on high and they would push 3' of show off your windshield if needed.

Comment

I don't know about that yet, but i think it's a vac/elec mix.

Found the front end issue. Inner and outter tie rods on both sides. But goddamn is it a clean car.

Comment

Regarding that badge on your bird. It's something you do NOT_SEE everyday!

Comment

TeeHee, TeeHee, omg, after the full tune up and it running on all cylinders again.........The little motherfucker is faaasssssttttt.....*giggles*

It's like a big block mustang....but with class.

Comment

Hey Billy does it have the 390FE engine? My '64 Mercury has it & they are quite a powerhouse!

Comment

Working...
                                X