Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southeastern regional NHAA meet!

Hi all,

We are thinking of trying to organize a SE Regional NHAA meet up in Savannah, Georgia, this november. This will be a pre-cursor to a possible annual event, similar to HearseCon (tm).

Please let me know if you are interested in such a thing, and what weekend would be best. I am thinking probably the weekend before thanksgiving, which would be the 23rd, 25th.

We would be staying at a hotel within walking distance to river street. i can't seem to find it now, though.

please let me know

I'd go, but I feel like I'd have to listen to this on non-stop repeat.

[youtube]aOMz1l885a4[/youtube]

I went into New Haven, MI the other day and was playing count the teeth, and that's only 40 minutes from me!

Comment

savannah is a pretty hep cat town

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_ricks View Post
        savannah is a pretty hep cat town
        That may be, but I have to go through many others to get there.

Assuming my car is all running and I actually have money I'll try to make it. Zach has idiots falling all over themselves to make it to his event so I figure you can use all the bodies you can get.

Comment

I think that this is fantastic!

Spread the word, lets get a project plan together and get this thing HUGE.

Comment

Here is the FB invite for this event. if you are not a member of DEHC on facebook, feel free to add request

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

*bump* this people, this!

Comment

I mentioned this at our club meeting (Carolina Coffin Cruisers) today and there are a couple of us that would likely come down. Please keep me posted and I will let our club know. I would love this to become a yearly event.

Comment

here is the facebook invite - just ask to join dead ends and then you can RSVP. http://www.facebook.com/events/266457566802424/

we're working on some hotel details and things.

Comment

HOTEL: Most likely this will be the Comfort Suites Historic District: http://www.comfortsuites.com/hotel-s...try=&listpos=1

Comment

Looks like the rooms are going to be in the ballpark of $140 per night. Remember also that you can get two queens and double up with 4 people per room if you want. I am asking about a group rate, but if we get one, remember it might only be $10 - $30 less.

Please let me know if this is reasonable. If most people feel that this is too expensive, then we will have to make other plans.

Comment

Ok, i didn't intend for this to be thanksgiving weekend, i was thinking thanksgiving would be the next week. Please help me decide the following:

1) Keep the date. I have the weekend off, and it will be easier to get down there on friday.
                        2) Move it forward to the 16th - 18th
                        3) Move it back to the 30th - 2nd

Comment

Thanksgiving weekend will be hard for many people to do.
                          maybe the week before.

Comment

Weekend before. Most people have more busy schedules during holiday season.

Comment

Here's the deal. For now, i am moving this up one week to the 16th - 18th.

I hope to get group rate information for the comfort suites within the next day or two. This should include a minimum threshold number of rooms.

If we can meet the minimum number of rooms *and* get good regional participation (30-50% out of state attendees) then i think we should go ahead.

If not, then we will change this to be a local atlanta event. Regional people still welcome, of course.

Oh, and we will make an official decision after Dragon Con (labor day weekend), so please carefully consider this event and make your best effort RSVP before then.

I'd like to track attendees on facebook, so please go here to join DEHC, and here to RSVP to the event.
                              Last edited by Guest; 08-14-2012, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X