Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

duely noted.

Comment

Hi all, mark your calendars for the 2014 2nd annual NHAA South Eastern Regional Meet, Asheville, NC May 2nd - 4th, 2014. Registration, $25 includes badge and t-shirt.

RSVP here: https://www.facebook.com/events/480862378668313/

Comment

If you guys had a conference call last night, sorry I missed it. Regardless, you can still count the Knights in.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalCombustion View Post
          If you guys had a conference call last night, sorry I missed it. Regardless, you can still count the Knights in.
          at some point soon, i'll need to get the cemetery knights logo file from you to incorporate into our t-shirt design.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_ricks View Post
            at some point soon, i'll need to get the cemetery knights logo file from you to incorporate into our t-shirt design.
            Cool. I have been out of town at the Road Rocket Rumble show in Indianapolis. I'm at work at the moment but will be able to get that logo to you tonight. What file format would work best for you? Also, will you need it color or B/W? If B/W can you tell me if it is white ink on a black or dark shirt or black ink on a light shirt. Just need to know whether to send you the negative version of the of the B/W logo. Thanks

Comment

Small update w/ good news.

Matt Walksler spoke with his father Dale and they would not only welcome 40+ hearses for Saturday's show at their Wheels Through Time Museum but provide a discounted rate to anyone with our group if they wanted to check museum out. Maggie Valley is located 35 miles due west of Holiday Inn we stayed at, straight highway shot.

I rave about this museum as best in the world of its kind. There simply isn't anything else out there that compares to what Dale (and Matt) have accomplished. Impressive is an understatement. But you have to enjoy vintage American motorcycles to appreciate what is there. (Although there are awesome cars too!) WTTM is known as the museum that runs. They take pride in starting virtually any machine up at any given time and taking it for a spin, especially when asked. Any excuse being in area and I revisit to see new units while catching up, which is why I went there before meet. My biased opinion aside...

So for Josh, those on committee handling decision, and Michele/Eddie's upcoming Asheville trip~

Pros:
              -Grassy shaded location with beautiful scenery bordering Great Smokey Mountains National Park.
              -Hosts that actually want to have our group around.
              -Bikers typically like hearses.
              -Cross purpose advertising on museum's website via upcoming events. This isn't to be underestimated as Dale & Matt have a new show on Velocity called What's In The Barn? that has been exceeding expectations.
              -There are over 20 hotels & inns within 2 miles radius, most have cheaper advertised rates than Holiday Inn we stayed at (let alone group discount). Certainly one has to be comparable once space, staff, pet friendly, pool, restaurant, conference room, etc. are all factored in.

Cons:
              -35 miles from last Holiday Inn everyone liked, 30 miles from downtown Asheville. (Not really a con for those that don't drink yet a valid point brought up previously.)
              -Museum won't be free for attendees. They wouldn't charge for hosting though and museum admittance isn't necessary.
              -More limited food choices (12?) and unknown nightlife activities.

Side note, Ghost Town in the Sky is also located in Maggie Valley for Ryan or those traveling with families.

Discuss.

Comment

very good info. maybe we can work out a trip even if we don't have the show there.

Comment

everyone can start sharing this around teh interwebs.

Comment

Updated info:

Hi all, not to distract from attila's event, but i have added some updated information to the asheville 2014 event

Event in Asheville, NC by Ryan Ricks on Thursday, May 1 201483 posts in the discussion.

Comment

Registration for our 2014 Asheville meet is online!

Comment

here is the link to pay in case you missed it during signing up: http://www.nationalhearse.net/serm/pay.html

Comment

Was thinking of hitting this event, but saw the rules about caskets etc.. We might be a bit Xtreme for it, especially since I'm planning to to some crazy stuff with my house of shock buddies involving robotics in the rear. Already got banned once don't need to get banned from a whole state.

Comment

Lorcin, as some one had posted somewhere else, you can still come to the event and not participate in the show part. Come hang out with us, would love to see what you did to your car. I work at netherworld in Atlanta ands would love to meet more haunters

Comment

Those rules apply only to the joint car show portion of the event. Pretty much anything goes at the hotel so long the management doesn't have a problem with it.

Comment

Hi all, thanks to everyone who has registered for the 2014 SERM so far. If you have submitted a registration form, but not yet paid your fee, please keep in mind you have to pay the fee before you are considered to be registered. You can pay here via paypal: http://www.nationalhearse.net/serm/pay.html

If you need to register, you can do so here: http://www.nationalhearse.net/serm/register.html

Comment

Working...
                                X