No announcement yet.

1959 caddy hearse for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 59 Superior in the picture below I bought for $2500 out of a Junkyard and it was a whole lot more complete than that one. Once I cleaned it up, I realized it was gonna take way more work and money than I expected. So I listed it and sold to a guy in Minn. for $3500 and bought the Pontiac in my sig.
    I know you said you'd be up for doing all the work yourself, but that isn't the biggest problem. The missing parts aren't being made anymore. You can make a patch for a rust spot or even make a door skin, but you can't make bumpers, grille, headlight buckets, trim, and windshield. They will cost big time money to get and have replated. The only hard to find trim left on the whole car is the fin extention chrome and the windshield trim.

Leave it were it is, find another one ad come back to this one when you need some parts.

Comment

Awwww....what a beautiful 59...one day....one day...

Comment

I can understand wanting a challange....but check these out before you decide...

'51- $4500 http://columbus.craigslist.org/car/552926632.html
        '53- $1700 http://detroit.craigslist.org/car/545677139.html
        '58- $2000 http://phoenix.craigslist.org/car/548180172.html

You were asking about transport costs...Mine is costing $850 from San francisco to eastern az...works out to $1.05 per mile. That includes door to door delivery and full insurance. It would be $300 more if not running.
        Last edited by randyaz; 01-27-2008, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Wow that 53 is sweet with some interesting ornamentation on it.

Comment

yeah those are all really sweet. Well I guess I'll just take everyones advice and wait for a better one. The problem of 59' parts really isn't a problem, I know a couple people that have some of the extras, (the chrome, and bumpers, grills, ect.) The one part that I need to find would have been the windsheild. Anyway, If anyone wants to sell a 59' caddy hearse\Ambulance I'm always interested.

Thanks,
            Kris.

This chick is toast!

Comment

Agreed. To replace the front windshield on my '59 - due to bullet holes! In 1988 it cost $500. we had it made custom. The rear left corner window was gone and that cost $175 for plexi-glass which has now crackled and has to be replaced again. Mine is in pretty darn good shape and still the bits to fix will cost a lot. (Anyone know where to get door-lock mechanisms? 1 is stuck and 2 are stripped.) This one is absolutely shot. With the windshield gone the inside has got to be a total loss. Something better will definitely come along.

Comment

Boy I sure hope so...

Comment

I'm new here, but I would say that car is worth $500 at most, there is some usable chrome and windows are ok...other than that I don't know anything that's really usable...

I'm Thiago from Dallas, TX btw, hello everyone!!

Comment

Man, I really should be working on other stuff right now but I can't stay out of it...

Steve, don't take the reaming the other members are giving you, Cadillac owners are a bitter, angry breed of people. Between the gas mileage and the fact that most of us have Climate Control in our cars we are angry and looking for any chance to lash out at the world!

Two things on the car...the weeds aren't really helping sell it, they are making it look way worse than it is. The windshield and chrome are big ticket items to repair which are going to bring the price down.

I would say $500 is too low because it's worth more than that, but $5000 is far too much. $1500 is honestly a good price for buyer and seller.

As for anyone asking about shipping, I found a guy who has KICK ASS RATES and comes recommended from other hearse owners - His name is Rusty Schnieder and I am using him for hauling our 61 hom. Call him at 314-691-1538 and tell him the hearse guy from Colorado sent you.

Comment

$1500 was the offer I had given him, and he said he wouldn't even consider anything less than $3000.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostbusterktk View Post
                        $1500 was the offer I had given him, and he said he wouldn't even consider anything less than $3000.
                        Hah hah hah hah hah!!! What a tool! $1500 is a gift for that heap-a-shit!

Comment

I gave mine away

I sold a 59 Superior about like the one in the picture a couple years ago for $1500 it was a complete running car with all the trim and good glass. Still needed restored but it was solid.

Comment

so did it sell yet?... im looking for one but 5k is way to much for that

Comment

or does anyoneknow were i can find a nice old hearse?

Comment

Resurrecting an almost 4 year old thread isn't going to help your search.

Others are more apt assisting newbs when specificity is included:

1. year range ("Old" is relative.)
                                2. coach builder preference
                                3. model preference (landau, limo style, hearse, ambulance, combination, etc.)
                                4. condition ("Nice" is relative.)
                                5. price range
                                6. location range (Having added your location is a start.)

If this comes off as abrasive - too bad. Newbs ask the same crap time after time. Get on the ball, start a wanted thread, and directions can be pointed.

And *please* use the search function here before placing yet another lame wanted '59 hearse ad w/o researching current market prices.
                                Last edited by 60Crown; 12-30-2011, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X