Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FS: parting '67 Superior Crown Sovereign

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 60Crown
    replied
    Poked through the casket area today. All rollers are present, no bier pins. Found 1 of the skirts too:



    Other than 2 small holes where sheet metal screws were 'securing' it in place, nice shape. Bet that modification was made after the other was lost.

    Leave a comment:


  • LadyChauffer
    replied
    Originally posted by Creepy Cruiser View Post
    Unfortunatly they do have quite a bit of curve to them so flat glass won't work. I wish it did, I build a lot of old hot rods and glass is easy, because it's all flat, lol. Thanks for the info though. I'll call them when I get a chance.

    BTW, I too like women just like my rides, "shaved smooth", lol.
    Sorry about the sides. I know we've done some flat glass for some coaches before. I'll keep scouting around and see what I find. I know that there is a manufacturer in Mexico. Haven't gotten the name yet, but they make practically anything.

    Leave a comment:


  • Creepy Cruiser
    replied
    Originally posted by LadyChauffer View Post
    I see what you mean. Just give them a call though. I'm sure they could get it. Just tell the GM at that store that your inquiry may take a little investigation. If all else fails, I know that we've done this before.. We've had to cut the tempered glass to fit. And it doesn't look bad at all. The glass is straight, no curves to it. That takes awhile, but it can be done and most Safelite centers have the cutter to do it. So, if the GM is a moron...hopefully he isn't, I've met very few GMs that are, but if he is... Just tell him you want them to cut the tempered glass to fit. And that's not that expensive at all. If they don't have the cutter for whatever reason or it's not working, find a glass shop that does.
    Unfortunatly they do have quite a bit of curve to them so flat glass won't work. I wish it did, I build a lot of old hot rods and glass is easy, because it's all flat, lol. Thanks for the info though. I'll call them when I get a chance.

    BTW, I too like women just like my rides, "shaved smooth", lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • Boogeyman Con Carne
    replied
    Originally posted by LadyChauffer View Post
    Hey, just because I work in a predominately male occupational environment doesn't mean I have to be hairy like you men.

    I like to have some semblance of femininity.
    I, for one, have no problem with this

    Leave a comment:


  • LadyChauffer
    replied
    Originally posted by Highbars View Post
    That's too bad.....
    Hey, just because I work in a predominately male occupational environment doesn't mean I have to be hairy like you men.

    I like to have some semblance of femininity.

    Leave a comment:


  • LadyChauffer
    replied
    I see what you mean. Just give them a call though. I'm sure they could get it. Just tell the GM at that store that your inquiry may take a little investigation. If all else fails, I know that we've done this before.. We've had to cut the tempered glass to fit. And it doesn't look bad at all. The glass is straight, no curves to it. That takes awhile, but it can be done and most Safelite centers have the cutter to do it. So, if the GM is a moron...hopefully he isn't, I've met very few GMs that are, but if he is... Just tell him you want them to cut the tempered glass to fit. And that's not that expensive at all. If they don't have the cutter for whatever reason or it's not working, find a glass shop that does.

    Leave a comment:


  • Creepy Cruiser
    replied
    Originally posted by LadyChauffer View Post
    The problem with calling Safelite is that most of the time, you end up with the idiots that are in home office. If you did end up with the people at the store close to you, they didn't want to take the time to look and were being lazy and showing off their terrible customer service skills. As for the home office people...these people know nothing about auto glass. So, what you need to do, go to this link and enter in your zipcode. It will locate the closest Safelite to you. www.safelite.com/locator.jsp Call the phone number that is provided with that service center. When you call, make sure you are talking to someone that is actually at that store and not in our home office. If it is someone at home office, ORDER them to connect you to the direct line to that shop. The people in home office customer service are MORONS. They piss me off on a daily basis because they don't know their ass from a hole in the ground! Our phone system sucks ass. That's our biggest customer complaint is our home office customer service. Half of them are from the middle east and you can't understand a thing they say.
    Anyways, when you get connected to the shop nearest to you, ask to talk to the manager. They are the ones to talk to about the obscure stuff. If you still have a problem, let me know and I'll dig around for you and get the part numbers you need.

    As for your side glass, what pieces? Front door or back doors? (not tailgate). If it is the front door glass, it should be the same door glass as its sedan counterpart. As for the other pieces, we'd need a pic of it and its coach builder. Then we can go from there.

    I know our Omaha store does quite a bit in classic and procar glass. Also try Orlando's Safelite store. They do a ton of classic and procar and usually have the odd stuff in their warehouse.
    I'll try that, Thank you.

    The pieces I need, are both front door glass (but not the wings though) and the tailgate glass. The door glass is unfortunatly actually taller and a different shape than the oem sedan glass, and seem to be different from each coach builder also, lol.

    Here are some pics so you can see what I meen. (I'm not worried about the glass for my M/M yet though, lol.

    Factory



    My '65 superior



    My '65 M/M

    Last edited by Creepy Cruiser; 08-19-2009, 01:15 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Highbars
    replied
    Originally posted by LadyChauffer View Post
    lol. all shaven!
    That's too bad.....

    Leave a comment:


  • LadyChauffer
    replied
    The problem with calling Safelite is that most of the time, you end up with the idiots that are in home office. If you did end up with the people at the store close to you, they didn't want to take the time to look and were being lazy and showing off their terrible customer service skills. As for the home office people...these people know nothing about auto glass. So, what you need to do, go to this link and enter in your zipcode. It will locate the closest Safelite to you. www.safelite.com/locator.jsp Call the phone number that is provided with that service center. When you call, make sure you are talking to someone that is actually at that store and not in our home office. If it is someone at home office, ORDER them to connect you to the direct line to that shop. The people in home office customer service are MORONS. They piss me off on a daily basis because they don't know their ass from a hole in the ground! Our phone system sucks ass. That's our biggest customer complaint is our home office customer service. Half of them are from the middle east and you can't understand a thing they say.
    Anyways, when you get connected to the shop nearest to you, ask to talk to the manager. They are the ones to talk to about the obscure stuff. If you still have a problem, let me know and I'll dig around for you and get the part numbers you need.

    As for your side glass, what pieces? Front door or back doors? (not tailgate). If it is the front door glass, it should be the same door glass as its sedan counterpart. As for the other pieces, we'd need a pic of it and its coach builder. Then we can go from there.

    I know our Omaha store does quite a bit in classic and procar glass. Also try Orlando's Safelite store. They do a ton of classic and procar and usually have the odd stuff in their warehouse.

    Leave a comment:


  • Creepy Cruiser
    replied
    LOL, my insurance company got screwed, not me, lol. (it was also like 6 years ago too.)

    What about side and rear glass, last time I called safelite, they told me it was all unavailable. (I'm apparently calling the wrong safelite people, lol)

    Thanks for checking, this helps a lot of us out.


    Originally posted by LadyChauffer View Post
    lol. all shaven!
    That's frigging killer, lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • LadyChauffer
    replied
    Originally posted by Highbars View Post
    I was wondering if the Sexy Chauffer shaved...... But couldn't tell Damn Long sleeves....
    lol. all shaven!

    Leave a comment:


  • Highbars
    replied
    Originally posted by LadyChauffer View Post
    [ATTACH]2912[/ATTACH]
    Mild Mannered Safelite Corporate Monkey at day.....
    Sexy Chauffer by night.
    [ATTACH]2913[/ATTACH]
    I was wondering if the Sexy Chauffer shaved...... But couldn't tell Damn Long sleeves....

    Leave a comment:


  • LadyChauffer
    replied
    Originally posted by Boogeyman Con Carne View Post
    So having those part numbers, what does Safelite charge for this glass?
    Those part numbers don't help. We have our own part numbers in our warehouse. However, I had some time today and looked it up in our system. Safelite's part number for a 65 Fleetwood Commercial Class (hearse/ambulence) is DW00661GBN. It's the same part number for 65-71.

    Now, are you sitting down? You guys are gonna jump all over this one.
    We carry it in stock, for one.
    Secondly, the INSTALLED price is $217.95 plus tax.

    Sorry Creepy Cruiser, you got ripped off.

    Safelite offers a FREE mobile replacement and repair service. It's the same cost if you take it into our shop. So for those of you guys who don't have your coach running, or you just want them to come to you, no biggy.
    Safelite is nationwide, like I said before. If there isn't a Safelite near you or that doesn't have mobile dispatch that goes to you, look up the following companies. These guys are owned by BELRON who owns Safelite. It will be through the same warehouse and the price will be the same. The affiliated companies are: Cindy Rowe, Elite Glass, Auto Glass Specialists, Triumph, Harmon, and Diamond. I know there are other companies out there that BELRON owns but the buyout was so recent, I can't remember.

    I'm going to post this info on another part in the garage for everyone to look at. I hope this helps.

    Leave a comment:


  • Boogeyman Con Carne
    replied
    So having those part numbers, what does Safelite charge for this glass?

    Leave a comment:


  • LadyChauffer
    replied
    Man, those prices are through the roof! No offence, but you got ripped off. 1200....wow. ::shakes head::

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X