Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FS: parting '67 Superior Crown Sovereign

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Creepy Cruiser
    replied
    Originally posted by Baker View Post
    You wouldn't by chance know if that was the same case with m/m's do ya? I am in a painful need of a windshield for my '65


    The windshield glass is the same in the MM and the superiors but all of the other glass seems to be different. (I actually own a '65 superior and a '65 MM).

    My brand new windshield came out of mexico and was right about $1200 installed, and it took me about 10 years to find it, lol. Every place I called either laughed at me or told me no problem and then called me back with "sorry they don't exist any more", lol. But I never gave up. BTW, my insurance company took care of the whole thing, you might want to check if you're covered.

    I wish I could say it's easy, just call them up, but it has never worked for me, I hope it's really that easy now, but when I called a few months ago again, they all told me "sorry still nothing available for your car", because it's a coach. I still need 3 peices of glass for mine, and I'd much rather get new not used, but nothing yet.
    Last edited by Creepy Cruiser; 08-18-2009, 01:22 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • EvilManor
    replied
    Originally posted by Boogeyman Con Carne View Post
    The prices may be a bit higher now, but here is the information you need. If Safelite can use the information, all the better...
    Back in May when I called them the DW678 Fits 65-70 Cadillac Hearse was $580 plus $150 shipping. My local glass shop orders from them and due to their quantity discount they got it for $600 shipped.

    Leave a comment:


  • Boogeyman Con Carne
    replied
    The prices may be a bit higher now, but here is the information you need. If Safelite can use the information, all the better...

    1 800 848 1351
    Part number DW678
    Fits 65-70 Cadillac Hearse
    $450
    If it is shipped to a business $100
    If it is shipped to a residence $150

    They do have a part number for 1959-1964, but are presently out of stock.
    DW570
    $750
    $100/$150 shipping as above...

    Leave a comment:


  • LadyChauffer
    replied
    Originally posted by Baker View Post
    You wouldn't by chance know if that was the same case with m/m's do ya? I am in a painful need of a windshield for my '65
    I'm sure they'd have it. Call 1-800-800-ASAP. Ask them for the direct phone number for the Safelite nearest to you. That way you don't get stuck talking to programmed desk monkeys who know nothing of auto glass. My guess is, your price would be around $200 installed. That is the average for windshields w/out electronics (chromatic dimmer, heads up dislplay, light sensor, rain sensor, side air bag sensors..etc). They should have something there that would fit. If not, they can order it. Turn around time for something that isn't in stock is usually 2 - 3 days. If it comes from our classic car distributer it would be about 2 weeks or so.

    Leave a comment:


  • Baker
    replied
    Originally posted by Atti View Post
    Creepy, 99% certain that '65-'68 Superior Cadillacs use the same glass. (Don't have my Superior book in front of me to check though.)

    Superior's next major redesign after '65 was '71.
    You wouldn't by chance know if that was the same case with m/m's do ya? I am in a painful need of a windshield for my '65

    Leave a comment:


  • Venom
    replied
    Makes me wonder if safelite would have rear door glass for my '96 at a decent price
    someone replaced one side with plexi
    doesn't look bad or anything, but it's not *right* so unless it's pretty cheap I won't worry about it until the plexi gets too scratched

    Leave a comment:


  • 60Crown
    replied
    Nobody has called Henry about any parts yet?!? Pfft.

    Fair warning: Yin have a couple more days to do so before I start cross posting on different forums.

    Leave a comment:


  • LadyChauffer
    replied
    Originally posted by Atti View Post
    You definitively sound quite corporate.
    safelitecorpmonkey.JPG
    Mild Mannered Safelite Corporate Monkey at day.....
    Sexy Chauffer by night.
    chauffer.jpg

    Leave a comment:


  • LadyChauffer
    replied
    Originally posted by Atti View Post
    You definitively sound quite corporate.

    With the exception of the taller than stock commercial windshield there is no GM glass on these coaches though.
    I realize other than the windshield and front door glass, it is all from the coachbuilder. You'd be surprised at what Safelite has. I was even able to replace some glass on my Krystal Limo.

    Leave a comment:


  • 60Crown
    replied
    You definitively sound quite corporate.

    With the exception of the taller than stock commercial windshield there is no GM glass on these coaches though.

    Leave a comment:


  • LadyChauffer
    replied
    Originally posted by Atti View Post
    Creepy, 99% certain that '65-'68 Superior Cadillacs use the same glass. (Don't have my Superior book in front of me to check though.)

    Superior's next major redesign after '65 was '71.
    What I meant to say was, 1966 and up to present, we carry in stock in our warehouse. It is a general guide to all GMs. It is something we can tell our customers if they have a GM from 66 to present, "yes we have it in stock and we manufacture it. When would you like to schedule a replacement?"

    Yeah, I'm a corporate monkey. But, it comes with great benefits. I wish my limo company was big enough.

    Leave a comment:


  • LadyChauffer
    replied
    Originally posted by Creepy Cruiser View Post
    Thanks for the info Atti!

    I'll check out Safelite also. (most glass places just laugh at me, lol)

    My car came with no glass at all, and all I need is 3 more pieces, lol.
    If you have any issues getting ahold of a Safelite "STORE", please let the people at the 1800 number know you need to talk to some one who is local and they can connect you. Otherwise, you will be talking to someone who is only reading a script. Safelite won't laugh at you. We are out there to make money. We've cornered the market on ALL auto glass. There is a reason Safelite is a GIANT in the auto glass biz. We got bought out a couple of years ago by BELRON which is a German and UK company that has been around 150 years. They own over 40% of US auto glass. Cindy Rowe, Auto Glass Specialists, Safelite, Diamond, Triumph, Harmon, Elite Auto Glass are just to name a few big guys that are owned by BELRON. We have the glass and/or we know who has it....NEW. It may take us a couple of weeks, that's how long it took for a 49 Mercury convertible for the side glass and windscreen. But we found it in one of our own warehouses. And...Safelite or any affiliate (owned by BELRON) will be cheaper than any other glass company out there. Quality is far superior than most other glass companies.

    Leave a comment:


  • 60Crown
    replied
    Henry doesn't scrap any old iron and I haven't posted this anywhere else. Doubtful many even know this is hiding at his place! Give him a call tomorrow and work something out with the guy.

    Leave a comment:


  • musikill
    replied
    Ooooooh, that rear bumper and rear liner look awfully nice. Is this a "till all parts are gone" kinda deal? Only have so much cash and trying to set my priorities.

    Leave a comment:


  • 60Crown
    replied
    Originally posted by LadyChauffer View Post
    That "rasberry" is called a percussion break. It is where the debris impacted the glass and it hit hard enough to break around the impact.
    I'll defer to your area of expertise about the windshield being non-repairable and toast. Bummer. As the overall size is slightly larger than a quarter, I'd imagine this windshield can be a cost effective stop gap measure.
    Last edited by 60Crown; 08-10-2009, 11:47 PM.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X