Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FS: parting '67 Superior Crown Sovereign

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Creepy Cruiser
    replied
    Thanks for the info Atti!

    I'll check out Safelite also. (most glass places just laugh at me, lol)

    My car came with no glass at all, and all I need is 3 more pieces, lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • 60Crown
    replied
    Creepy, 99% certain that '65-'68 Superior Cadillacs use the same glass. (Don't have my Superior book in front of me to check though.)

    Superior's next major redesign after '65 was '71.

    Leave a comment:


  • LadyChauffer
    replied
    That windshield is toast. Not worth it. My day job, I work for Safelite Auto Glass as a repair specialist. That "rasberry" is called a percussion break. It is where the debris impacted the glass and it hit hard enough to break around the impact. There are too many hairline cracks running off of it to be repaired. Not repairable. However, percussion breaks usually don't go any further...USUALLY. Regardless, I would not recommend a used windscreen. Too much of a chance for stress cracks upon reintstallation.
    Although, if you are looking for glass for any of your hearses, call Safelite. 1-800-800-ASAP. Ask for the number of the shop near you. There is a dealer we use, can't recall the name of them, but they manufacture odd ball glass..... even for any year hearse. They are made in Mexico. Quality is ok, but beggars can't be choosers. We have an occasional oddball classic roll in that needs either windscreen, side or back glass and we special order it from Mexico. Price isn't at all outrageous. As for the Windshield, anything from 1966 to present on any GM, Safelite has. It will run you about $200 and that is the installed price.

    In any case..... that car makes me wish I had room to build a play house for my kids in my back yard. I'd so totally use that car! My kids are weird just like me. My youngest daughter, at the time she was three, went to her first commercial haunted house and made friends with all of the monsters. They tried so hard to scare her, but she smiled and said hello and shook their hands. She still makes friends with monsters every year at the haunted houses. lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • Creepy Cruiser
    replied
    Any idea if the driver and pass front door glass is the same as my '65 Superior? (not the wings). I'm also looking at the far rear door glass also, if it fits. They look real close, but I'd hate to buy something that doesn't fit, lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • 60Crown
    replied




    Leave a comment:


  • 60Crown
    replied



    Whichever of you owns a '65-'68 Superior non-Crown...now is the time to put some majestic clothes on!



    Leave a comment:


  • Tulsa Guy
    replied
    A '61 Flx???

    Leave a comment:


  • 60Crown
    started a topic FS: parting '67 Superior Crown Sovereign

    FS: parting '67 Superior Crown Sovereign

    Again, same stash I visited yesterday as the '61 Flxible Buick.

    Henry also has a black '67 Superior Crown Sovereign endloader with burgundy interior. This one is 'prolly too rusty to restore (from PA, not a TX native). Some minor front end damage also. Regardless, it IS intact and is *loaded* with good parts! For starters~

    - Windshield has a small raspberry, otherwise ok.
    - Rest of glass is perfect.
    - Dash pad nice; dusty, no cracks (non-air car).
    - 429 engine runs; tired (valve noise).
    - Landau irons removed immediately to prevent theft. Henry wants $100/pr.
    - All Crown moldings/emblems awesome.
    - All rollers present.
    - Rear interior is in nice shape - as is headliner.
    - Headlight buckets ok.
    - Taillights ok.
    - Entire rear door ok.
    - Rear bumper ok.
    - Factory front license block off plate (neat).

    This old boy Henry is quite reasonable with his prices. Call him directly and be sure to reference me - 512.272.4114.

    Location is Austin, TX. If I need to drive 15 miles to Henry's hilltop stash and assist shipping for members here, I will. Pics added tomorrow.
Working...
X