Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rollers, Pin/hole Plates, Bier Pins, Skid plates...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry I totally missed (or just forgot about) the little blurb about some being pressed in. For the skid bars (runners) I guess that wouldn't be a problem...we'd just need to drill holes so it would be a nice tight/snug fit. The pin plates (bier tracks) we'd ideally like to screw in (just to be safe)...since it isn't in a car where you have more variables holding the casket there compared to an all open hearse.

While I am still looking (and talking with a few people) for items for my initial request...I have a slightly new one.

I need 2 runners from an Eureka set (pictured below)

DSCN1546.jpg

Also I'm wondering if anybody has the bier pins setup for a urn (see below)

Urn_carrier.jpg

We could make a stationary one...but it'd be nice if we could find an adjustable one with a 1/2" pin. I also may need a couple regular bier pins in the near future (depending on if I purchase any of the sets I'm looking at right now).

Let me know guys!

Comment

I too am looking for a set of bier pins, front and rear, and tracks. Also a few slides. Have the rollers set of eight, not particular of what they are out of just as long as they are not a bank breaking price...lol They are going in a 1962 Superior Combo.

Comment

Just bumping this....still looking for this stuff.

Have been in contact with some people I've found off craigslist/etc...but nothing has come out of any of them (be it price or something else).

Thanks!

Comment

Though it looks like things have "dried up" or whatever in this thread. Looks like the couple people I have been talking to about buying some have vanished completely and I'm back to square one as of now...and we're to the point where we will be needing these things very very soon. Any (reasonably priced) help greatly appreciated.

Comment

Could've grabbed a nice complete set yesterday after delivering coaches to Procar Graveyard owner. Thought you had 'em by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Atti View Post
              Could've grabbed a nice complete set yesterday after delivering coaches to Procar Graveyard owner. Thought you had 'em by now.
              Haha, figures!

Comment

Was also there 3 weeks ago, although not on property needed to grab you a set. Drove from Lima through Columbus and Cambridge before stopping in Marietta this past Sat too.

Comment

Oh well, haha

Comment

At thechris, DNR industries hearseparts.com has what You need and prices were not that bad, even coming out of Canada. They show the skid plates and urn holder. Check with LorcinLS1 in Nolahearse, He had some skid plates last year if He didn't sell Them.

Comment

Originally posted by travlinman View Post
                      At thechris, DNR industries hearseparts.com has what You need and prices were not that bad, even coming out of Canada. They show the skid plates and urn holder. Check with LorcinLS1 in Nolahearse, He had some skid plates last year if He didn't sell Them.
                      Thanks for the reply. Someone mentioned them in an earlier post and I've been aware of them for a while. However their prices are not one bit reasonable in our eyes...we cannot afford the kind of money it'd cost to get them new. So thats why we're going for used ones at this point for a huge savings.

Comment

I figured I'd share some photos of the new Caisson style hearse that we are in need of the rollers/etc for. It still needs painted on the outside of it (gray) and hinges/etc put on it along with this name plaque thing we had made for the sides. This was the first time we put it on the carriage body...again so i figured I'd share the photos we took...since some were interested in the first one.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X